JM

Default Stain Concrete?

I have a five year old slab in my backyard (Dallas, TX) that is white, and I
would like to stain it tan or light brown. Is this possible, and how
difficult is it to do and to maintain?

Picture of the slab: http://home.comcast.net/~mcahrenfamily/DCP04742.JPG

Thanks!

barbarow

Driveways in Florida are frequently painted and patterned.

The procedure usually includes waiting 90 days after the pouring.

Then acid wash and pressure wash.

Next two coats of a base color are applied .

Masking tape is used if tile like appearance is desired.

A patterned roller is used to apply a contrasting color paint.

The masking tape is removed to reveal the finished drive.

"JM" wrote in message ...
I have a five year old slab in my backyard (Dallas, TX) that is white, and
I would like to stain it tan or light brown. Is this possible, and how
difficult is it to do and to maintain?

Picture of the slab: http://home.comcast.net/~mcahrenfamily/DCP04742.JPG

Thanks!

FH

you can do what i'm about to do, and that is called "acid staining". they
can make it any color, they can make it look like marble, it is really
really nice looking.

here is one site that will give you some ideas.

http://www.kemiko.com/

DanG

This outfit has a gallery and instruction area that can show you
all the decorative finishes. Owner Doug writes and demonstrates
for World of Concrete.

http://www.thestampstore.com/

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"JM" wrote in message
I have a five year old slab in my backyard (Dallas, TX) that is
white, and I would like to stain it tan or light brown. Is this
possible, and how difficult is it to do and to maintain?

Picture of the slab:
http://home.comcast.net/~mcahrenfamily/DCP04742.JPG

Thanks!

Dog urine on concrete stain removal? News Home Ownership 1 May 1st 05 09:33 PM
Paint or stain concrete garage floor DodgeRammer Home Ownership 1 April 17th 05 11:41 PM
super heavy rust stain on concrete driveway Fred Home Repair 2 March 29th 05 05:32 PM
acid stain concrete WHoME? Home Repair 8 August 5th 04 03:05 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM