DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stain Concrete? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/108140-stain-concrete.html)

JM May 14th 05 07:44 PM

Stain Concrete?

I have a five year old slab in my backyard (Dallas, TX) that is white, and I
would like to stain it tan or light brown. Is this possible, and how
difficult is it to do and to maintain?

Picture of the slab: http://home.comcast.net/~mcahrenfamily/DCP04742.JPG

Thanks!

barbarow May 14th 05 08:45 PM

Driveways in Florida are frequently painted and patterned.

The procedure usually includes waiting 90 days after the pouring.

Then acid wash and pressure wash.

Next two coats of a base color are applied .

Masking tape is used if tile like appearance is desired.

A patterned roller is used to apply a contrasting color paint.

The masking tape is removed to reveal the finished drive.

FH May 14th 05 08:52 PM

you can do what i'm about to do, and that is called "acid staining". they
can make it any color, they can make it look like marble, it is really
really nice looking.

here is one site that will give you some ideas.

http://www.kemiko.com/

DanG May 15th 05 12:33 AM

This outfit has a gallery and instruction area that can show you
all the decorative finishes. Owner Doug writes and demonstrates
for World of Concrete.

http://www.thestampstore.com/

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .