Eric and Megan Swope

Default replacing a stop and waste valve

Hey everyone. I am replacing a stop and waste valve, one with the little
drain cap, on my cold water supply line. Supply lines are copper and valve
is sweat on. Quick question I have before I do it and realize it is
backwards. Does the arrow on the stop and waste valve indicate the
direction of the water flow? I know the little drain cap allows draining of
the non-pressureized side when the valve is closed, but if I get it
backwards, it will be draining the wrong side. Just want to be double sure.
Thanks.
Eric

Edwin Pawlowski

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message
Does the arrow on the stop and waste valve indicate the direction of the
water flow?

Yes, this applies to any fittings for gas, water, steam, etc. No arrow is
bi-directional.

Mike Grooms

"Eric and Megan Swope"

Yes, the arrow should match the water flow.

dishwasher & washing machine waste on sink trap - how to stop backflow? [email protected] UK diy 3 March 21st 05 05:04 PM
Is it safe for kids to take apart electronics? momwithtools Electronics Repair 64 March 1st 05 08:15 AM
Replacing taps. Mary Pegg UK diy 7 July 3rd 04 01:42 PM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 04:16 AM
Bath and Basin waste. Troy UK diy 6 July 25th 03 07:41 PM