Eric and Megan Swope

Default replacing a stop and waste valve

Hey everyone. I am replacing a stop and waste valve, one with the little
drain cap, on my cold water supply line. Supply lines are copper and valve
is sweat on. Quick question I have before I do it and realize it is
backwards. Does the arrow on the stop and waste valve indicate the
direction of the water flow? I know the little drain cap allows draining of
the non-pressureized side when the valve is closed, but if I get it
backwards, it will be draining the wrong side. Just want to be double sure.
Thanks.
Eric