Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
david

Default Genie Pro 88 Garage door opener parts?

I have an old Genie Pro 88 and need to find a replacement circuit board, but
have had no luck, anyone here have any ideas?
Thanks,
David

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

david wrote:

I have an old Genie Pro 88 and need to find a replacement circuit board, but
have had no luck, anyone here have any ideas?
Thanks,
David

Hi,
Can't it be repaired?
Tony
Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
david

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
david wrote:

I have an old Genie Pro 88 and need to find a replacement circuit board,
but have had no luck, anyone here have any ideas?
Thanks,
David

Hi,
Can't it be repaired?
Tony

It's a "field replaceable part" unfortunately they stopped making the part,
and I can't find schematics to try to fix it.
Dave

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

david wrote:

I have an old Genie Pro 88 and need to find a replacement circuit board,
but have had no luck, anyone here have any ideas?
Thanks,
David

Hi,
Can't it be repaired?
Tony

It's a "field replaceable part" unfortunately they stopped making the part,
and I can't find schematics to try to fix it.
Dave

Hi,
Do you know exactly what's gone bad? Worst comes you can draw out
schematics looking at the PCB.
Tony, VE6CGX
EE, class of '66
Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Rich

http://www.genieonlineparts.com/parts.htm carries parts for the PRO88 unit.

Rich
http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

"david" wrote in message
I have an old Genie Pro 88 and need to find a replacement circuit board,
but have had no luck, anyone here have any ideas?
Thanks,
David

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
david

Thanks Rich,
The part is discontinued so neither has it, the PN is 24350S.
Dave

"david" wrote in message
I have an old Genie Pro 88 and need to find a replacement circuit board,
but have had no luck, anyone here have any ideas?
Thanks,
David

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

How do you know for sure it's the circuit board?
What does the opener do or not do?

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
david

The door was opening on it's own then stopped working at all. Garage door
repairman daid it was a bad circuit board and that he can't get ahold of
another one since it's discontinued.

wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you know for sure it's the circuit board?
What does the opener do or not do?

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Well if a repairman said the board was bad it must be bad :-) Sadly but
that would not always be true. I would put the odds at 1% it's the
board & 99% it's not the board from the problem you described.

To me it sounds like a shorted wire or stuck button. Did he disconnect
the button wire & the receiver at the motor head? If not disconnect
both & jump across terminals 1 & 2 on the motor head & see if the
operator works properly. If it does it's obviously not the board.

Assuming it works w/ both disconnected, re-connect the button wire &
test unit again. If operator runs on it's own or doesn't work at all,
either the wall button is stuck or their is a short in the wire.

If operator works w/ wall button connected, re-connect the receiver to
see if the problem comes back. If the problem comes back, remove the
batteries in all transmitters & try the wall button. Re-connect
batteries one at a time & if the operator takes off as soon as the
battery is connected that transmitter's button is sticking or broken
(inspect the metal tab on the circuit board under the plastic button to
make sure it isn't flattened or cracked.

Obviously you could inspect the transmitters and/or connect the
receiver before the wall button, but I would think if it was a stuck
transmitter button the battery would be dead by now & the opener would
already be working fine (until you put in a new battery).

I hope you tell me that the repairman already did all of this but my
money says it's not the board even if he did troubleshoot it this far.

Doordoc

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

wrote:

[...]

Reminds me of old IBM motto, "Think (logic)"
Good one.
Tony