Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Slowing Down the CPU Speed

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your information, suggestions, etc.

I decided to add a "heat spreader" (enhance the heat sink).
This particular laptop has a removable panel on the bottom that allows access
to the heat sink, fan and CPU. Next to this area is the battery compartment.
Since the battery is no good anymore I decided to remove a section between the
CPU area and battery compartment. I cut a piece of 1/8" thick aluminum
(drilled holes for fan) which I attached to the existing heat sink and
supported it at various points. It extends into the battery compartment
area.

Now, it takes around 40 minutes before the fan runs, but it doesn't run
constantly. It may run for around 10 seconds, then stop. A little while
later, same thing.

Brad

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:40:35 GMT, Brad wrote:
Hi,

I have two WinBook XL2 laptops with Windows 98se. Most of the time, I use
them off line (off the Web) and I don't need the CPU running at full speed
(400Mhz). The problem is the noisy fan that cools the CPU. This fan is not
defective since it is noisy on both laptops and it runs constantly after a
warm up period.

I could not find anything in "Setup" or the manual that allows you to
reduce the CPU speed.

Is there a utility that would allow me to slow down the CPU, thus
reducing the heat up so the fan doesn't constantly run?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 26, 4:26*am, (Brad) wrote:
[...]

*Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.- Hide quoted text -

You want to slow down your CPU. Just watch that video of Curtis Brown
butt naked on the bed with his dick in Don Bowey's mouth.

Slowing Down the CPU Speed Brad Electronics Repair 3 June 21st 08 12:59 AM
Slowing down the Jet 1442 Charley Woodturning 0 May 18th 07 05:00 AM
Slowing hot water tap Broadback UK diy 5 February 23rd 06 08:41 PM
Slowing my lathe Grant Erwin Metalworking 15 September 28th 05 02:37 AM
P-IV computer slowing down [email protected] Electronics Repair 17 January 9th 05 06:11 AM