Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stephany Alexander Stephany Alexander is offline

Default Slowing Down the CPU Speed

On Jun 26, 4:26*am, (Brad) wrote:
Hi,

* * Thanks to everyone for your information, suggestions, etc.

* * *I decided to add a "heat spreader" (enhance the heat sink).
This particular laptop has a removable panel on the bottom that allows access
to the heat sink, fan and CPU. *Next to this area is the battery compartment.
Since the battery is no good anymore I decided to remove a section between the
CPU area and battery compartment. *I cut a piece of 1/8" thick aluminum
(drilled holes for fan) which I attached to the existing heat sink and
supported it at various points. * It extends into the battery compartment
area.

* * *Now, it takes around 40 minutes before the fan runs, but it doesn't run
constantly. *It may run for around 10 seconds, then stop. * A little while
later, same thing.

* * * * * * * * * * * *Brad

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:40:35 GMT, *Brad wrote:
Hi,

* *I have two WinBook XL2 laptops with Windows 98se. *Most of the time, I use
them off line (off the Web) and I don't need the CPU running at full speed
(400Mhz). *The problem is the noisy fan that cools the CPU. *This fan is not
defective since it is noisy on both laptops and it runs constantly after a
warm up period.

* *I could not find anything in "Setup" or the manual that allows you to
reduce the CPU speed.

* * Is there a utility that would allow me to slow down the CPU, thus
reducing the heat up so the fan doesn't constantly run?

* * * * * * * *Thanks in advance, * Brad

*Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.- Hide quoted text -

You want to slow down your CPU. Just watch that video of Curtis Brown
butt naked on the bed with his dick in Don Bowey's mouth.