Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer SD P5071 rear projection/ dark picture

I have this beautiful tv, though, the picture is very dark. The OSD
and convergence lines are all dark also. Simply put, it's seems as
though the brightness levels are turned way down. I can view the
picture if the room is not lit up, and then from a very particular
setting in front of the unit. It is just very dark. My sound, menu,
all else seems to be fine, allbeit, dark. I called a repairman, he
said $289 to clean it, (over the phone), if that doesn't work
"not to worry, been at her a long time, I'll getter' tuned up,
by the way, I don't take credit cards, checks or money orders. So,...
why don't ya' just get on down to the bank, then gimme' a
call!", for some reason I was a little skeptical. Please review
my info and forward any advise. Thanks, Jim

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Booskers" wrote in message

by the way, I don't take credit cards, checks or money orders. So,...
why don't ya' just get on down to the bank, then gimme' a
call!", for some reason I was a little skeptical.

No CC, no deal.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Cash only? That sounds suspicious to me.

I'm not famailar with this paticualr RPTV, but if it uses LCD or DLP
technology the bulb probably needs replacing.
If it is an older set it is probably CRT projection and has other issues.

- Mike