Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bram Stolk

Default Bosch WOH5710 Washing machine

This washer worked fine today, however I had the idea it took a rather long
dry spin cycle. During my second laundry load it took the water, but the
machine failed to spin, it cycled the rinse periods Ok but it never turned
the drum.
Looks like the motor or its controls have died. There are too many wires
running to the motor to allow me to troubleshoot. Anybody has a suggestion
as how to diagnose ?, or could help me to a circuit diagram ?

TIA
Bram
....If you want to grow old as a pilot, you have got to know when to push it,
and when to back off...(Free to Chuck Yeager)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveC

Thus spake Bram Stolk:

Anybody has a suggestion as how to diagnose ?, or could help me to a circuit
diagram ?

The timer on a typical washer has many switch contacts which it closes and
opens in sequence. These timers are a high-failure item in most washers.

Sounds like the timer isn't energizing a solenoid to engage the spin clutch.

But you're right, you'll need a wiring diagram to see which timer terminal
should be energized at that time, to confirm if the timer is failing.

Good luck,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Ware

Anybody has a suggestion as how to diagnose ?, or could help me to a

circuit
diagram ?

Most appliances have a circuit daigram tucked away somewhere in the chassis,
in a washer look inside the top control panel, usually folded up in a
plastic pouch.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bram Stolk

Problem solved...Motor brushes ran out of useable length and failed to
contact the collector....

"Bram Stolk" schreef in bericht
This washer worked fine today, however I had the idea it took a rather
long dry spin cycle. During my second laundry load it took the water, but
the machine failed to spin, it cycled the rinse periods Ok but it never
turned the drum.
Looks like the motor or its controls have died. There are too many wires
running to the motor to allow me to troubleshoot. Anybody has a suggestion
as how to diagnose ?, or could help me to a circuit diagram ?

TIA
Bram
...If you want to grow old as a pilot, you have got to know when to push
it, and when to back off...(Free to Chuck Yeager)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Bram Stolk wrote:
Problem solved...Motor brushes ran out of useable length and failed to
contact the collector....

Commutator..

Nice when it's a simple problem like that, too bad they don't have some
sort of indicator when it's time to change the brushes, maybe a little
mechanical flag that pops up on the back of the motor when the brushes
run out of travel.