Steve Knight

Default FS clearance on old style planes 50% off and shipping.

Here is a list of planes in my old mouthblock style. I can still make these but
for the most part I am going over to the adjustable sliding mouth style.
So it's 50% off + shipping. The smoothers shipping is 11.00 in the US These
will ship within two weeks or less. They are all built but they need tuned up.
Jointers
Rosewood razee jointer regular price 215.00
Purpleheart jointer regular price 195.00
Ash non razee jointer 165.00 I do have a D handle that can be used it is in
walnut I think.
Coffin smoothers.
Padouk 55 degree 165.00
IPE 55 degree 165.00
Padouk 47 degree 165.00
Bubinga with maple inlay and extra weight. This is not a coffin though but 3"
tall 45 degrees 175.00
Bubinga with bloodwood inlay 60 degrees and extra weight. This is a oddball
where one inlay is higher then the other. Like of a cool effect and only 165.00
Purpleheart 47 degrees 165.00
Finish planes
These are anniversary planes signed and dated and numbered left over. They have
been sanded and finished to a nice gloss. I think I have pics of most of these.
Rosewood 50 degrees 185.00
Padouk 50 degrees. 175.00
Bubinga 50 degrees 185.00
Ebony 55 degrees 210.00
I may have some others floating around too.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

alexy

See the original post, which you quoted. Pretty clear these are the
before-reduction prices. That conclusion is confirmed with a quick
look at current prices on his web page.

I'd like to see an explanation of what the "mouthblock" style is.

"Leon" wrote:

Steve, The prices listed here, are they already reduced or do we take 50%
off these prices?

"Steve Knight" wrote in message
.. .
Here is a list of planes in my old mouthblock style. I can still make
these but
for the most part I am going over to the adjustable sliding mouth style.
So it's 50% off + shipping. The smoothers shipping is 11.00 in the US
These
will ship within two weeks or less. They are all built but they need tuned
up.
Jointers
Rosewood razee jointer regular price 215.00

^^^^^^^
[...]

Steve Knight

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:30:44 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

Steve, The prices listed here, are they already reduced or do we take 50%
off these prices?

well for you that's 50% off price (G)
no that's the retail price.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:39:25 -0500, alexy wrote:

See the original post, which you quoted. Pretty clear these are the
before-reduction prices. That conclusion is confirmed with a quick
look at current prices on his web page.

I'd like to see an explanation of what the "mouthblock" style is.

my regular mouthblock is a sliding block that keeps the mouth as tight as you
want if you flatten the sole. been doing that for 5 years.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

alexy

Steve Knight wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:39:25 -0500, alexy wrote:

See the original post, which you quoted. Pretty clear these are the
before-reduction prices. That conclusion is confirmed with a quick
look at current prices on his web page.

I'd like to see an explanation of what the "mouthblock" style is.

my regular mouthblock is a sliding block that keeps the mouth as tight as you
want if you flatten the sole. been doing that for 5 years.

I'm still confused. What's the difference between this and an
"adjustable sliding mouth"? After all, if the sliding mouthblock is
not adjustable, it kinda defeats the purposeg.
alexy

alexy wrote:

Steve Knight wrote:

my regular mouthblock is a sliding block that keeps the mouth as tight as you
want if you flatten the sole. been doing that for 5 years.

I'm still confused. What's the difference between this and an
"adjustable sliding mouth"? After all, if the sliding mouthblock is
not adjustable, it kinda defeats the purposeg.

Never mind. Just saw the write up in the "use and care" page of your
web site. Now I understand the mouthblock style.
Leon

"alexy" wrote in message
Steve Knight wrote:

I'm still confused. What's the difference between this and an
"adjustable sliding mouth"? After all, if the sliding mouthblock is
not adjustable, it kinda defeats the purposeg.

The current mouth block goes into the opening in the sole similar to the way
that the blades does. The new one IIRC will be strictly on the bottom of
the plane and move parallel to the bottom of the plane.

Leon

"alexy" wrote in message
news
See the original post, which you quoted. Pretty clear these are the
before-reduction prices. That conclusion is confirmed with a quick
look at current prices on his web page.

Assuming that the web pages do not already reflect the 50% discount.

alexy

"Leon" wrote:

"alexy" wrote in message
news
See the original post, which you quoted. Pretty clear these are the
before-reduction prices. That conclusion is confirmed with a quick
look at current prices on his web page.

Assuming that the web pages do not already reflect the 50% discount.

Good point. I assumed (often a prescription for misunderstanding) that
the ones on the web pages were the new design, thus full price.

Leon

wrote:

Steve, The prices listed here, are they already reduced or do we take 50%
off these prices?

well for you that's 50% off price (G)

Is that cause I'm spechal?

no that's the retail price.

Thanks.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Steve Knight

dOn Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:38:14 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

"alexy" wrote in message
news
See the original post, which you quoted. Pretty clear these are the
before-reduction prices. That conclusion is confirmed with a quick
look at current prices on his web page.

Assuming that the web pages do not already reflect the 50% discount.

no it' too hard to change the prices on the webpage. I would have to pay someone
(G) I hate html.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight

Good point. I assumed (often a prescription for misunderstanding) that
the ones on the web pages were the new design, thus full price.

I am used to everyone knowing all about me so I don't include redundant info. I
am lazy what can I say (G)
I just got the new planes up on my site and in a couple weeks I will need new
pic's when I get the final parts. I have a sample and I will post a pic soon.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes