Jack Gray

Default dial indicator and point set

a while back I saw a D I and point set in a woodworking order book for
20 or so bucks. Don't remember which catalog and I can't find it now .
I think it had 15 or more different tips and the indicator in a case
all pretty cheap.

I searched for about an hour on line and couldn't find any thing close.

Anybody know who sells a kit like that please point me in the right
direction.

thanks
jack

Rick Samuel

Try MSC or Enco

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

BJT wrote:
I think this is what you're looking for...shipping is pretty high though

http://www.littlemachineshop.com

It's not that bad. I just looked at their shipping policy and they charge $1.99
handling for any quantity of any particular part number and then $0.49 for any
subsequent part number. Add to that the actual UPS charge. So in this case,
ordering just the dial indicator kit, it'd be $1.99 plus the actual UPS charge.

I don't get upset with shipping policies like that. The ones that **** me off
are the ones who lowball the price, then add three times the actual shipping
charge. I see it on Ebay all the time. I NEVER order from them.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

BJT

I guess the problem is that I live in the east and they're in the west. A
calculation of shipping charges on their web site for the dial indicator set
(4 lbs. or so) totals out to about $12.25 to ship a $17.95 item.

Bruce

BJT wrote:
I think this is what you're looking for...shipping is pretty high though

http://www.littlemachineshop.com

It's not that bad. I just looked at their shipping policy and they charge
$1.99 handling for any quantity of any particular part number and then
$0.49 for any subsequent part number. Add to that the actual UPS charge.
So in this case, ordering just the dial indicator kit, it'd be $1.99 plus
the actual UPS charge.

I don't get upset with shipping policies like that. The ones that **** me
off are the ones who lowball the price, then add three times the actual
shipping charge. I see it on Ebay all the time. I NEVER order from them.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:07:34 -0500, the inscrutable "BJT"
spake:

I guess the problem is that I live in the east and they're in the west. A
calculation of shipping charges on their web site for the dial indicator set
(4 lbs. or so) totals out to about $12.25 to ship a $17.95 item.

So you finally get to see how we Left Coasters feel about so many
things being produced in the East. We pay those costs for most
everything. Still, $30 for a DI + mag base +a whole passel o' points
is a good deal.

In contrast, my paying $10.50 for a Chiwanese chop saw + $30 shipping
only to have the thing fry after 5 minutes was not so good a deal. I
haven't been contacted after several calls and emails for a week to
the vendor, either. Use caution: New Dimensions aka Chris9er on Ebay.

Was that an African + http://www.diversify.com
or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications
B a r r y

Larry Jaques wrote:

So you finally get to see how we Left Coasters feel about so many
things being produced in the East.

Yabut, Monday Night Football comes on earlier!

Barry
Rumpty

So you finally get to see how we Left Coasters feel about so many
things being produced in the East.

Last year I priced shipping a used press from the west coast to the east
coast, it was $200 cheaper shipping the same press from the east to the
west. The reason all of the chinese crap landing on the west coast and
being trucked east and lots of empty return loads.

--

Rumpty

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

Patriarch

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip
In contrast, my paying $10.50 for a Chiwanese chop saw + $30 shipping
only to have the thing fry after 5 minutes was not so good a deal.

So the $300 + tax I spent on the DeWalt looks pretty good to me right now,
particularly after 4 years of service...

You don't always get what you pay for. You seldom get what you don't pay
for.

And the universe has a way of dealing with shysters, eventually. See
recent news stories regarding Ebbers, Bernard.

Patriarch

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:36:10 -0600, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

snip
In contrast, my paying $10.50 for a Chiwanese chop saw + $30 shipping
only to have the thing fry after 5 minutes was not so good a deal.

So the $300 + tax I spent on the DeWalt looks pretty good to me right now,
particularly after 4 years of service...

This is a 14" grinder, a metal chop saw, but I grok your service
record.

You don't always get what you pay for. You seldom get what you don't pay
for.

Until now, I've had very good luck with Chiwanese electricals, though
their HP ratings are Searzesque. I guess this one was made by Lucas.

And the universe has a way of dealing with shysters, eventually. See
recent news stories regarding Ebbers, Bernard.

This asshole has 32,000+ sales on Ebay. You think they'll help me stop
him? Right, I didn't think so, either. sigh

--
Put some color in your cheeks: Garden Naked!
------