Tina

Default Makita LS 1013 and damp wood

I bought this Makita LS 1013 compound chop box and love it ton's, has done
everything so far without a hitch till now...just a quick question. I bought
some 1x4x10' wood to finish up the storage area above my garage (it took 35
pieces total) any way when I was loading the wood up some of it felt damp,
not soaking wet but damp, so I didn't give it another thought but when I was
crosscutting it (I do go slow but not too slow or too fast) I notice the
blade wanted to bind up about half way thru the cut (scared me alot) so I
switched back to my Ryobe to finish the job and had no problems , was it
because the wood was damp or the combination of sliding cutting on damp wood
the problem?? I won't be cutting damp wood again on that
saw........................TIA

Tina

George

"Tina" wrote in message
[...]

Damp at the beginning of the cut, that's for sure. Friction of the blade
heats it up, expands the torn fibers, grips the blade, causing more friction

Turners know the importance of keeping a wide kerf and few teeth as they
bandsaw their uncured blanks.

Tina

"George" george@least wrote in message

"Tina" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks George...I'm not a turner but that makes alot of

sense.............thanks again...
Tina

Phil at small (vs at large)

If I were to guess, It would be the blade-- If you have a thin kerf
blade in the sliding saw, it would tend to bind more in wet wood than
dry- try switching blades in saws & see if it makes a difference. BTW,
was the wood treated by chance? - it's almost always wet. I think
they continue to soak it in transit so it will spit at you when you use
it LOL. Phil