toller

Default mubango?

A lumberyard has mubango for $2/bf. Anyone tried this?

(In a post below I referred to "African Cherry". Since the lumberyard also
has makore, for a much higher price, I presume they have both.)

Tattooed and Dusty

I have worked with mubangu on several pieces. I find it works well, and
is showing as quite durable. I was able to find some information on the
web prior to purchasing it, seems like a relatively dense, nice
hardwood.

The only thing I have had any problem with is some of the grain seems
to be quite prone to tearout, but not hard to work around.

toller

"Tattooed and Dusty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have worked with mubangu on several pieces. I find it works well, and
is showing as quite durable. I was able to find some information on the
web prior to purchasing it, seems like a relatively dense, nice
hardwood.

The only thing I have had any problem with is some of the grain seems
to be quite prone to tearout, but not hard to work around.

What does it look like? The only picture I found was like butternut, but it
probably wasn't accurate. Thanks.

Tattooed and Dusty

It's dark in color, with very distinct vertical grain. The info I found
online refered to it as african teak, which I doubt means it has any
relation, but it does to me appear to be quite similar in appearance to
me.

Joe Bleau

If anyone knows where I can find this lumber, i.e. "African cherry"
which is marketed under a number of different names (most commonly
makore) at anywhere near $2.00 BF I would really appreciate knowing
where. I have been looking everywhere for it but the prices I am
finding are outrageous.

Joe