Tom Watson

Default Not A McMansion

A real estate guy contacted me today about a job I did back in the
90's.

He sent me this link to the for-sale website:

http://www.lionsgateestate.com/#

It was a good gig. I did the entry stairs and the entry millwork.

Built some columns on the interior, too.

I sure did like doing that sort of work.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
WillR

Tom Watson wrote:
A real estate guy contacted me today about a job I did back in the
90's.
=20
He sent me this link to the for-sale website:
=20
http://www.lionsgateestate.com/#
=20
It was a good gig. I did the entry stairs and the entry millwork.
=20
Built some columns on the interior, too.
=20
I sure did like doing that sort of work.
=20
=20
=20
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
=20
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

I suppose you want a compliment just because it is beautiful work. :-)

OKOKOK It's actually fabulous work though!

My compliments. Hope you have photos in your portfolio. If not -- then=20
get some.

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
mp

He sent me this link to the for-sale website:

http://www.lionsgateestate.com/#

Ah! Must be nice to have a cottage in the country.

loutent

Beautiful place Tom. It must make you proud to have
had a major role in it

--------------

I especially like that 6-car garage!

Let's see, one for my '97 and one for the '01.

THEN:

One for wood storage.

One for the main shop area.

One for a finish room.

The last for the lawnmower.

Yeah..I'd be like a duck out of water!

Besides, the pool room is kind of narrow.

Lou

In article , Tom Watson
wrote:

A real estate guy contacted me today about a job I did back in the
90's.

He sent me this link to the for-sale website:

http://www.lionsgateestate.com/#

It was a good gig. I did the entry stairs and the entry millwork.

Built some columns on the interior, too.

I sure did like doing that sort of work.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

WOW!!! I live in Chester County PA and I can tell you with absolute
certainly that not all the houses there look like that. My entire
house and garage would fit into the entry foyer with room to spare.

BTW: Beautiful work Tom.

Robatoy

In article ,
loutent wrote:

Besides, the pool room is kind of narrow.

Absolutely, way too much chance of somebody putting a pool cue through
one of my Van Gogh's.
Tom Watson

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:04:56 -0500, loutent wrote:

Besides, the pool room is kind of narrow.

yeah. It's narrow because it's one of those pools that pushes water
at you while you're swimming - and "endless - something or other".

I was gone before they got that online.

Sounded like a giant hot tub with the jets all pointed one way.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Robatoy

In article ,
Tom Watson wrote:

A real estate guy contacted me today about a job I did back in the
90's.

He sent me this link to the for-sale website:

http://www.lionsgateestate.com/#

It was a good gig. I did the entry stairs and the entry millwork.

Built some columns on the interior, too.

I sure did like doing that sort of work.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Very nice! Get a pro in there with his Hasselblad and make a calender
for your customers.

Phisherman

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:17:38 -0500, Tom Watson
wrote:

A real estate guy contacted me today about a job I did back in the
90's.

He sent me this link to the for-sale website:

http://www.lionsgateestate.com/#

It was a good gig. I did the entry stairs and the entry millwork.

Built some columns on the interior, too.

I sure did like doing that sort of work.

Very nice work and pictures. I'd guess 10 million for PA.

Damn! Yer a homeboy.

Where do you live?

Glenmoore - about 8 miles north of Downingtown.

Mike

wrote:

It was a good gig. I did the entry stairs and the entry millwork.

Very nice work!

How many clamps does it take to clamp up a curved handrail?
Too damn many! :-)

Mike O.

Larry Jaques

In article ,
Tom Watson wrote:

A real estate guy contacted me today about a job I did back in the
90's.

He sent me this link to the for-sale website:

http://www.lionsgateestate.com/#

It was a good gig. I did the entry stairs and the entry millwork.

Booful work. Oogly barn^H^H^H^Hhotel^H^H^H^Home.

Built some columns on the interior, too.

I sure did like doing that sort of work.

I can imagine. Doing nice work for people who can actually pay for
it and not give you grief about a measly fiver or ten grand
difference? Yeah, nice.

But it's a BFU house, isn't it? The pink and black checkerboarding
gag me, and the size alone is enough to give anyone an inferiority
complex just walking through it. Not homey or comfy at ALL! ('Course,
I'm solidly the "Not So Big House" camp.)

The two areas I liked (but the first'd be too cold) was the whirlpool
bath area and the lovely + interesting Kohler Environmental Chamber.

Please return Stewardess to her original upright position.
--------------------------------------
http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:04:56 -0500, loutent wrote:

Besides, the pool room is kind of narrow.

yeah. It's narrow because it's one of those pools that pushes water
at you while you're swimming - and "endless - something or other".

I was gone before they got that online.

Sounded like a giant hot tub with the jets all pointed one way.

And they hide that under the billiard table? Wow!

-j

Tom Watson

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:39:14 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I can imagine. Doing nice work for people who can actually pay for
it and not give you grief about a measly fiver or ten grand
difference? Yeah, nice.

There's a bit of a story to the fellow who had this house built.

Below you will find some excerpts from the local paper.

MAIN LINE CON ARTIST SENTENCED TO PRISON POSING AS A RICH
PSYCHOLOGIST, RICHARD C. GROSSMAN BILKED LENDERS OUT OF MILLIONS. HE
FACES 38 MONTHS BEHIND BARS.

Source: L. Stuart Ditzen, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
A Long Island man who defrauded a dozen lending institutions of more
than $17 million while posing as a wealthy Main Line psychologist in
the mid-1990s has been sentenced to 38 months in prison.Richard C.
Grossman, 48, pleaded guilty in September 1997 to 34 counts of fraud
and money laundering. He was sentenced Tuesday by U.S. District Judge
Edmund V. Ludwig.An eccentric who fantasized about revolutionizing the
field of psychotherapy, Grossman had been scheduled for sentencing
Feb. 4,

$18M SCAMMER JAILED FOR 38 MONTHS

Source: Jim Smith, Daily News Staff Writer
A con artist who built a massive Main Line mansion for himself while
swindling about $18 million from various lenders has been sentenced to
38 months in prison.With credit for eight months behind bars, Richard
C. Grossman could be in a halfway house in two years under the
sentence imposed Monday by U.S. District Judge Edmund V. Luwig.The
judge discarded sentencing guidelines that called for at least eight
years in prison.Leniency was shown over prosecutors' objections
because

Published on September 29, 1999, Page 31, Philadelphia Daily News (PA)

Ah well - I got paid.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
mp

Source: Jim Smith, Daily News Staff Writer
A con artist who built a massive Main Line mansion for himself while
swindling about $18 million from various lenders has been sentenced to
38 months in prison.

That works out to $473,000 per month of incarceration. Not too shabby at
all. Free room and board too.