David F. Eisan

Default Kitchen Progress part 97 w/pics

Evening all,

I finished the drawers for my parents kitchen awhile ago, but just got
around to installing them along with some drawer fronts. Working on a
kitchen 3 hours at a time two days a week makes for a long project....

I never did figure out how the Blum full extension drawer slides were
supposed to work according to any instructions I could find, so I just built
a box and then dead reckoned how to build the drawer based on real
measurements.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/protod0.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/protod1.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/protod2.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/drawerslide1.jpg

I went to install two drawers in a cabinet and noticed, opps, guess what is
missing?

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/whatsmissing.jpg

Ayup, forgot the centre divider... Pocket screws to the rescue.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...tredivider.jpg

I have some of the doors and fronts on now, notice the door on the far
right, it opens to a full height lazy susan. It is one piece top to bottom,
it just looks like there is a separate drawer on top.

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/somefrontson.jpg

Another 100 years and I will be done .

David.

Mike Marlow

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Evening all,

I finished the drawers for my parents kitchen awhile ago, but just got
around to installing them along with some drawer fronts. Working on a
kitchen 3 hours at a time two days a week makes for a long project....

Really nice job David.

--

-Mike-

Mike W.

Very, very nice.

If I were your parents, or any client, waiting for such great cabinets I
would just sit back and watch the master at work. IOW, I'm of the opinion
they'll be worth the wait.

Mike W.

[...]

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:15:50 -0500, the inscrutable "David F. Eisan"
spake:

Evening all,

I finished the drawers for my parents kitchen awhile ago, but just got
around to installing them along with some drawer fronts. Working on a
kitchen 3 hours at a time two days a week makes for a long project....

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/drawerslide1.jpg

I see that you still haven't painted over the Rustoleum rusty metal
primer on the walls yet. What color paint will you be using?
snicker I really have a problem with that stuff, y'know? I'd sooner
drive a Chebby (or other Yugo) than paint my walls that color.

Another 100 years and I will be done .

Man, kitchens are a LOT of work, aren't they? Gluck!

--
Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof.
----
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:39:15 -0800, the inscrutable "David F. Eisan"
spake:

Larrykins,

I see that you still haven't painted over the Rustoleum rusty metal
primer on the walls yet. What color paint will you be using?
snicker I really have a problem with that stuff, y'know? I'd sooner
drive a Chebby (or other Yugo) than paint my walls that color.

Yah, yah, yah...

On another wall, there is an even worse-er test patch of what was supposed
to be some sort of green, but looks more like washed out battleship grey
primer.

Oh, I thought you said that was the final color, and her choice. I ran
to the bathroom and threw up after hearing that. =:/

Paint is comming, as is tile...

Excellent! (P.S: There's but one "m" in "coming", you colourful guy.)

Man, kitchens are a LOT of work, aren't they? Gluck!

You can say that again, this one will be celebrating its second aniversery
soon...

How are they dealing with it? BL&D out?

--
Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof.
----

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:46:29 GMT, the inscrutable Pat Barber
spake:

David F. Eisan wrote:
Evening all,

I finished the drawers for my parents kitchen awhile ago, but just got
around to installing them along with some drawer fronts. Working on a
kitchen 3 hours at a time two days a week makes for a long project....

Didn't you see his picture of them in the wooden box he made?
(That cracked me up, the savvy Ironmonger.)

--
Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof.
----
Rex_flex

If I may ask, what kind of fully concealed drawer slides did
you use, and where did you get them?

thanks