John

Default Wood Floor install, busicut the butts or not?

Buscuit butt joints of wide pine boards? Or not?

I'm about to lay 700 sq feet of 8 & 12 inch red pine and it was recommended
to buscuit the buts. I was not going to, thinking that face nailing would be
enough. Now I'm thnking that I'd like more opinions.

Opinions?

John

John

"rob" wrote in message
I've never had a prob with over-engineered fastenings, footings, or
structures...

I usually feel safer overestimating fastenings, but I seem to remember
reading somewhere that using buscuits were a bad idea in floors. I can't
remember why, although I suspect it has something to do with each board
expanding and contracting induvidually.

-john

"John" wrote in message
Buscuit butt joints of wide pine boards? Or not?

I'm about to lay 700 sq feet of 8 & 12 inch red pine and it was
recommended
to buscuit the buts. I was not going to, thinking that face nailing

would
be
enough. Now I'm thnking that I'd like more opinions.

Opinions?

John

Mike Marlow

"John" wrote in message
Buscuit butt joints of wide pine boards? Or not?

I'm about to lay 700 sq feet of 8 & 12 inch red pine and it was

recommended
to buscuit the buts. I was not going to, thinking that face nailing would

be
enough. Now I'm thnking that I'd like more opinions.

23 years and counting, and my pine floors which are simply face nailed with
cut nails are still laying just fine. I wouldn't bother with the added fuss
of biscuits or any other added fastener system.

--

-Mike-

George

"John" wrote in message

"rob" wrote in message
I've never had a prob with over-engineered fastenings, footings, or
structures...

I usually feel safer overestimating fastenings, but I seem to remember
reading somewhere that using buscuits were a bad idea in floors. I can't
remember why, although I suspect it has something to do with each board
expanding and contracting induvidually.

Don't glue. Might help with crowning.