DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Photos of radial arm saw flipper stops (repost with corrected link) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/94428-photos-radial-arm-saw-flipper-stops-repost-corrected-link.html)

Morris Dovey March 9th 05 02:44 PM

Photos of radial arm saw flipper stops (repost with corrected link)

Finally got around to posting photos of some shop-made t-track
flipper stops I built for my old RAS. They aren't beautiful; but
they work well and are easy to make.

Photos at bottom of http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/RAS_Table.html

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

[email protected] March 9th 05 03:22 PM

Morris, I am about to replace my table top on my RAS as well and find
your article very helpful. Excuse my ignorance but what is a "propel
nut". Is that the same as a t-nut?

Al Hoffmann

Rumpty March 9th 05 05:13 PM

Al before you replace the top, consider making a two ply steel reinforced
"Mr. Sawdust" style top for your RAS. This will be stable and remain flat.
Suggested reading:

http://mrsawdust.com/index.php

and

Rumpty

oups.com...

Morris Dovey March 10th 05 12:03 AM

wrote:

Morris, I am about to replace my table top on my RAS as well and find
your article very helpful. Excuse my ignorance but what is a "propel
nut". Is that the same as a t-nut?

Al...

Very similar. See the bottom photo at
http://www.stafast.com/products/tnuts.html. The Propell nut has
no prongs and (sort of) screws itself into the hole when you
press it into place. They're available in steel from Lee Valley;
but I couldn't find 'em available anywhere in stainless. Use s/s
if you have better luck than I did.

Do take time to check the page Rumpty suggests. If I'd seen that
before I replaced my RAS top, I think I'd have incorporated the
reinforcement strips in mine (and plan to if I outlast the
current top.)

[email protected] March 10th 05 12:57 AM

Thank you both for your advise. I will heed it.

Al