DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Honing guide measurements? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/94070-honing-guide-measurements.html)

AAvK March 7th 05 06:46 PM

Honing guide measurements?

Millimeters = equals degrees with the most basic vise type of
guide, bought mine at a Rockler store. The instructions only
give the following:

Chisel projection: 30mm = 30º / 40mm = 25º
Plane iron projection: 38mm = 30º / 50mm = 25º

Time for 1º more for the micro bevel of either, can anyone tell
me how many less millimeters to subtract from the projections?

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

AAvK March 8th 05 05:25 PM

It ought to me accurate enuf to interpolate:
-2 mm for chisels and -2.5 mm for plane irons should give you a 1degree change.

Walt C

Really cool, thanks Walt!