gandalf

Default Veneer trim

"David D" crumbl @ gmail.com wrote in message
Okay, here goes ... rookie question:

How does one get this stuff to bend in complex ways without compromising
the backing or snapping it 'cause it's dry? Or am I SOL for making a bad
choice?

----------
I'll hazard a guess.

It's more pliable when warm. And if you were to use a heated roller and just
follow the curve like the edge-banding machines do it might work out OK.

As I said, it's a guess. But that is what I would try.

Pat Barber

Heat gun and a pressure roller(j-roller) will do the
trick...

David D wrote:
Okay, here goes ... rookie question:

I want to use some oak veneer ¾" wide trim (the iron on stuff) on a curved
oak ply 5/8" end surface which has both convex and concave curves, none of
which are too dramatic.

I unrolled some to length, let it straighten ... my curiosity got the better
of me, and I ever so gently started to dry fit it and ... yup, it snapped
... small piece off the end, no biggie.

I DAGS first thing, and no good answers were found for concave or complex
fits, including from the group.

How does one get this stuff to bend in complex ways without compromising the
backing or snapping it 'cause it's dry? Or am I SOL for making a bad choice?

TYIA

David