nospambob

Default PC 333VS O-ring

Anyone have the attributes of the O-ring that "secures" the dust
canister? One I had just self destructed a few minutes ago.
Duane Bozarth

nospambob wrote:

Anyone have the attributes of the O-ring that "secures" the dust
canister? One I had just self destructed a few minutes ago.

Not off hand, but any gasket supply house (and probably most good
hardware stores) can supply one the same size. Simply mic the diameter
and measure the OD of the exhaust ring where it fits. I replaced a
couple but no longer recall the dimensions, sorry.
Krunchy

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:03:17 -0600, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

nospambob wrote:

Anyone have the attributes of the O-ring that "secures" the dust
canister? One I had just self destructed a few minutes ago.

Not off hand, but any gasket supply house (and probably most good
hardware stores) can supply one the same size. Simply mic the diameter
and measure the OD of the exhaust ring where it fits. I replaced a
couple but no longer recall the dimensions, sorry.

any decent industrial supplier will have the material in rolls ..cut
it to suit and join the ends with crazyglue.. much cheaper than any
other alternative.
Dave Hinz

nospambob wrote:

Anyone have the attributes of the O-ring that "secures" the dust
canister? One I had just self destructed a few minutes ago.

Not off hand, but any gasket supply house (and probably most good
hardware stores) can supply one the same size. Simply mic the diameter
and measure the OD of the exhaust ring where it fits. I replaced a
couple but no longer recall the dimensions, sorry.

You can also buy o-ring material on spools, with glue to fuse it
together where you need it. McMaster Carr maybe?

Dave Hinz

JeffB

Mine has two o-rings "securing" the dust canister. The material is ~ .07" thick
and the ring is ~1.85" diameter.

You should be able to measure the diameter of the material on what's left of
your o-ring (or the depth of the groove + ~25%) and then measure the diameter of
the cannister mount (at the bottom of the groove) to determine the size you need.

JeffB

nospambob wrote:
Anyone have the attributes of the O-ring that "secures" the dust
canister? One I had just self destructed a few minutes ago.

Stephen Bigelow

In article ,
nospambob wrote:
Anyone have the attributes of the O-ring that "secures" the dust
canister? One I had just self destructed a few minutes ago.

When mine did that, I wrapped the tube in duct tape and shoved it back
on. Worked so well (better than originally) that I left it like that.
(No, I didn't tape the cannister to the tube).

I just recently went out and bought the PC vacuum hose
http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?e=3399&p=3480

It works so well I haven't even thought about putting the cannister back
on. A downdraft table even isn't a priority anymore!

Regards,

-Steve in Banks, OR
http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com

When is a ring circuit not a ring circuit? Fitz UK diy 4 July 27th 04 11:53 PM
Adding Socketds Roger UK diy 9 March 17th 04 11:47 PM
Ring mains and consumer unit David UK diy 2 January 14th 04 04:36 PM
Unique Spoon Ring *please help!* J Metalworking 2 January 8th 04 05:06 PM
Is my main socket ring too big? Paul UK diy 24 November 25th 03 09:03 PM