Dave Jackson

Default The Bench is done!

This thing is a monster that took nearly every tool in my shop to complete,
from the belt sander to the welder and everything in between! pics on
apbw. --dave

Rob Stokes

Very nice Dave...very nice indeed. I'm sitting on 120 bd ft of home-milled
9/4 curly silver maple that I brought home from the kiln the other day
(total cost = $0.65per bd ft...CDN) and wondering if it's time to make a
real bench of my own... you've inspired me...not tipped me over the edge
yet, but you have inspired me

Rob

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
news
This thing is a monster that took nearly every tool in my shop to

complete,
from the belt sander to the welder and everything in between! pics on
apbw. --dave

hikinandbikin

Rob Stokes wrote:
Very nice Dave...very nice indeed. I'm sitting on 120 bd ft of

home-milled
9/4 curly silver maple that I brought home from the kiln the other

day
(total cost = $0.65per bd ft...CDN) and wondering if it's time to

make a
real bench of my own... you've inspired me...not tipped me over the

edge
yet, but you have inspired me

Rob

I do believe it may be a crime to use that kind of wood for a benchtop.
Just soberly consider that you may be in danger of hell for using curly
maple for a bench. ;-}
OTOH The issue may just be deeply rooted jealousy that I do not have a
source for $.50USD per bd ft CURLY maple. How in the world did you find
such a thing. W

Dave Jackson

Man, $.65 bdft for curly maple, what a deal that is. I got 160 bdft of
11/4 oak for $54 US and used approximately 120 bdft to build the bench.
Curly maple would just be way cool, and it sounds like you have enough to
build a good size bench! --dave

"Rob Stokes" wrote in message
Very nice Dave...very nice indeed. I'm sitting on 120 bd ft of home-milled
9/4 curly silver maple that I brought home from the kiln the other day
(total cost = $0.65per bd ft...CDN) and wondering if it's time to make a
real bench of my own... you've inspired me...not tipped me over the edge
yet, but you have inspired me

Rob

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
news
This thing is a monster that took nearly every tool in my shop to

complete,
from the belt sander to the welder and everything in between! pics on
apbw. --dave

AAvK

Man, $.65 bdft for curly maple, what a deal that is. I got 160 bdft of
11/4 oak for $54 US and used approximately 120 bdft to build the bench. Curly maple would just be way cool, and it sounds like you
have enough to build a good size bench! --dave

Bob Keys did it, take a look, ain't such a crime for a thing of such beauty:
http://www.terraclavis.com/bws/benches.htm

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

AAvK

This thing is a monster that took nearly every tool in my shop to complete,
from the belt sander to the welder and everything in between! pics on apbw. --dave

Seriously nice bench! You did it in three weeks while I as a learner have to
take about nine months through on and off adult ed. class sessions of 2-1/2
monthes each, then a 2-1/2 month break between each session just to use the
table saws while I am struggling through my design and configuration ideas
for my bench. It is not your fault! Huh!

Really awesome bench though, one of the best I have ever seen online. You
could probably sell the plans for it and make something of a bundle, I think.
I envy your ability.

Woodworking/Shop Bench Bob Woodworking 6 February 1st 05 04:17 AM
[Ganoksin] [Issue #98] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Metalworking 0 April 29th 04 03:49 PM
Bench Top Drill Press That Can Swing Drill Head Jay Chan Woodworking 8 April 4th 04 10:17 PM
[Ganoksin] [January 2004] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Metalworking 0 January 24th 04 06:41 PM
Bench Vise Questions (Steel vs. Iron) x Metalworking 2 September 1st 03 04:50 PM