Richard J Petruso

Default Garage workshop lighting.

Hello,
In the next couple of months I will be building my workshop in the
garage.Right now its not insulated or don't have the electricity hooked up
yet. I am going to insulate it and drywall it.
I want to get flush mount lighting for the shop since my ceiling is just a
little more than 6 feet high. Any suggestions on some flush mount lighting.
Also what types of bulbs. I live outside Chicago and it would be cold in the
garage sometimes.
Thank You
Rich Petruso

Mike Marlow

"Richard J Petruso" wrote in message
Hello,
In the next couple of months I will be building my workshop in the
garage.Right now its not insulated or don't have the electricity hooked up
yet. I am going to insulate it and drywall it.
I want to get flush mount lighting for the shop since my ceiling is just a
little more than 6 feet high. Any suggestions on some flush mount

lighting.
Also what types of bulbs. I live outside Chicago and it would be cold in

the
garage sometimes.
Thank You
Rich Petruso

Oh hell... from the "Why Not?" department...

As long as you're going to be fixing the place up to do woodworking, and you
know that 6 feet is going to make for a lot of "oh sh_t's", as you bang 8
foot boards into your new ceiling, why not make you first woodworking
project in your new garage... the project to raise the roof 2 feet? Really.
It's not that hard. It's harder than hanging sheetrock, but hanging
sheetrock is a pain in the butt and this way you get to put that off for a
couple more weeks. Break free the cap plates on top of the walls, jack up
the whole roof 3 feet, throw in a knee wall on top of the cap plates and set
the roof back down on it. Presto - done. Do it in a weekend.

--

-Mike-

Myxylplyk

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

[...]

Oh my aching back...lmao!

Matthew

Don't laugh too hard. I raised my garage roof 18", and have never regretted
it once. About $2000 for a 3 car garage.
Just make sure to get internal bracing in place before you start, and work
from the OUTSIDE.

Matthew