MikeK

Default What Router Do You Use In Your Router Table..........

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Rumpty

PC 690.

--

Rumpty

"MikeK" wrote in message
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Edwin Pawlowski

"MikeK" wrote in message
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Bosch 1617 evs Yes, I'd do it again. If I was doing raised panels, I'd go
bigger.

You'd be OK with Bosch, PC, Milwaukee.

Mike

MikeK wrote:
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

PC7518,

in a JessEm MastRLift router plate.....when I bought it, the JessEm was made
for the 7518...so I did :-)
It is a good router for table use.....the electronic startup is a bit funny
but works fine...
I would buy the same as I LOVE the JessEm

I do raised panel

--

\\Mike
----------------

Leon

Triton

"MikeK" wrote in message
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Darrell Dorsey

DeWalt 618

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

For the kind of work I do in the table yes. In the future I might get a
Milwaukee 2 1/4 HP or 3hp for the power and the above table adjustment.

Darrell

Bob

Hitachi M12V

"Darrell Dorsey" wrote in message
ervers.com...
DeWalt 618

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

For the kind of work I do in the table yes. In the future I might get a
Milwaukee 2 1/4 HP or 3hp for the power and the above table adjustment.

Darrell

Greg O

"MikeK" wrote in message
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

PC7538
Works good!
Greg

GerryG

Bosch 1613aevs, used mainly in a table. It's one of the few that can
repeatedly set the bit depth in 1/256 increments. A smaller, and older
Craftsman handles the non-plunge hand-held jobs.

This was from before they had the precision (although expensive) router
lifting fixtures for tables.

Many hand-held operations are somewhat easier with a smaller, and lighter
router. Before you pick one (or two), think hard of what you'll mostly do with
it.

GerryG

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:49:01 -0600, MikeK wrote:

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

TeamCasa

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

PC7518,

in a JessEm MastRLift router plate.....when I bought it, the JessEm was
made for the 7518...so I did :-)
It is a good router for table use.....the electronic startup is a bit
funny but works fine...
I would buy the same as I LOVE the JessEm

I do raised panel
Mike

I have the same - and would do it again.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
charlie b

Dewalt DW621 with the return spring and dust shroud
removed. Variable speed not used often - larger drawer
lock and miter lock sized bits. For bigger stuff I'd go
with the 3 hp shaper in my Robland X31 combi. That
one will spin a 7 inch cutter though I've not needed
that capacity.

charlie b

wrote:

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

usually the freudft2000
sometimes the pc690
Morris Dovey

MikeK wrote:

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you
replace it with another brand/model?

5HP Colombo RS-90 - There're specs at
http://www.pdscolombo.com/fan_cooled_rs_rv_manual.htm. I doubt
that I'll ever need to buy another (but if I did, it'd be another
Colombo.)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Unisaw A100

The big silver and black one from Porter-Cable.

And would you buy the same brand/model again

Yes.

or would you replace it with another brand/model?

No.

Thanks,

You are welcome.

UA100

Beej-in-GA

"charlie b" wrote in message
Dewalt DW621 with the return spring and dust shroud
removed. Variable speed not used often - larger drawer
lock and miter lock sized bits. For bigger stuff I'd go
with the 3 hp shaper in my Robland X31 combi. That
one will spin a 7 inch cutter though I've not needed
that capacity.

charlie b

Hi Charlie,
Mind if I ask you how you removed the springs? I have the same router and
would like to do the same. Unfortunately, I don't have any paperwork for
the router. (Pawn shop special, paid 75 bucks for it. Got everything but
the manual.)
Later,
Beej

Phisherman

wrote:

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

After some research I bought a Porter Cable 7518, a 3 HP machine. It
is a heavy router with several speeds. Not a good router for hand
held use--it's too big. I would buy it again.

5625
Installation at the http://www.patwarner.com/selecting_router.html link.

Patriarch

MikeK wrote in
:

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Freud FT2000Ex, and I'd buy it again. But my table is shop made, and I
don't use a commercial router lift. That makes a huge difference in
selection criteria.

I have three or four Porter Cables routers for hand use, but that's another
thread.

Patriarch
Bill Leonhardt

"MikeK" wrote in message
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

I have the PC 890 series mounted on a Rousseau plate. Very nice. I really
enjoy the "through-the-top" height adjustment. Plenty of power for what
I've done so far.

I've had some performance issues but I'd be willing to buy the same router
again (if needed). I'd also be open, however, to considering others.

Bill Leonhardt

Hitachi M12V. Yes I would buy it again. Great price for the power. I
would like to add a lift attachment to it as it doesn't get used
outside of the table and reaching under to adjust height is kind of a
PITA.

Slowhand

"MikeK" wrote in message

PC 7518

And would you buy the same brand/model again

Yes. I've yet to find a bit this router can't handle. It's a hog!

or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Wouldn't dream of it.

Thanks,

You betchya. Happy routering.
SH

Lenny

wrote:

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Use the PC 7518 (2 actually) at work and the Makita 3612BR at home.
The Makita is good, especially since I added the fine adjustment knob,
but the PC is the one I'd go for I next time.

Lenny
Bob G.

wrote:

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

=========================
I "keep" a 1 Hp DeWalt in all 4 of my router tables ...

I do a lot of picture frames...using the 4 allows me to
set each up and keep then "set" ...just saves time..

No real "need" for high HP routers for what I normally
do...

I use a dual base PC router for hand held work...

Bob G.

CW

Same.

"Rumpty" wrote in message
PC 690.

--

Rumpty

"MikeK" wrote in message
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Joe_Stein

No table yet, but I'm planning on building one someday. When I do, I
won't use the Craftsman 1½ hp I have now. I'll buy a more powerful one,
maybe 3+.
Joe

MikeK wrote:
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Thomas Bunetta

Makita 3612C

"MikeK" wrote in message
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Luigi Zanasi

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:08:13 -0500, Rumpty wrote:

PC 690.

Same. I don't see the need for a more powerful router as I don't plan to
do raised panels in the near future. But even then, I would borrow a
friend's shaper.

If I were to buy a new router, it would be the Triton, which, from most
accounts, seems to have met the complaints of most woodworkers.

"MikeK" wrote in message
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html

David

7518. love it.

Dave

MikeK wrote:
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Phisherman wrote:
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

After some research I bought a Porter Cable 7518, a 3 HP machine. It
is a heavy router with several speeds. Not a good router for hand
held use--it's too big. I would buy it again.

Ditto.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

MikeK

Guys,
Thanks for all the input. Looks like I have a lot of looking at
routers to do. I do think I will go with one of the big boys (3hp+)
though.

wrote:

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

Thanks,

Robatoy

In article rs.com,
"Darrell Dorsey" wrote:

DeWalt 618

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

For the kind of work I do in the table yes. In the future I might get a
Milwaukee 2 1/4 HP or 3hp for the power and the above table adjustment.

Darrell

My choice too... after a LOT of PC production routers.
That Milwaukee 3 1/4 HP is a sweetie for both table and hand-held use.
Patriarch

(J T) wrote in news:18061-42200A11-413@storefull-
3155.bay.webtv.net:

Fri, Feb 25, 2005, 9:49pm (EST-1)
(MikeK)
mumbles:
And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you replace it
with another brand/model?

I gots me a Craftsman/Ryobi router in my router table, dedicated
use. It does exacly what I want it to do. Buy another? Don't need to,
I've got 3 more, just like it. Hehehe Didn't buy 'em new, by the way.
Thinking of making another router table or two, for a bit different use.
Decdicated routers, of course. That little bugger's been in there for a
number of years now, with no problem, except the hold down for the
switch broke - so now use a tiedown on the switch, and just plug, and
unplut, it when I use it. Had a similar one in the table for about 3
years, previous to the present one. Thought a wire had burnt in two in
it, but apparently just a lousy soldering job, and vibration broke the
joint loose. One day I'll resolder it, then I'll have 4 spares.

My neighbor & I cobbled together my first router table, a pretty simple
thing. Took a double electrical box, and wired a switch to switch both
outlets of a duplex plug, so the router and the shopvac went on and off at
the same time. Used one of the fancy, larger switches, so it was easier to
hit in a hurry. I'm still using the switch, although everything else has
been upgraded. I unplug the whole thing from the wall socket when I'm not
using the table, or when changing bits & settings.

Good, cheap setup, all from leftovers on the shelf of two garage/shops.

Patriarch

Morris Dovey wrote:

MikeK wrote:

And would you buy the same brand/model again or would you
replace it with another brand/model?

5HP Colombo RS-90 - There're specs at
http://www.pdscolombo.com/fan_cooled_rs_rv_manual.htm. I doubt
that I'll ever need to buy another (but if I did, it'd be another
Colombo.)

How did you end up with that one? Never did routing with robots, but
did a bit or waterjet cutting.

Wes
--
Reply to:
Lycos address is a spam trap.
Upscale

"Robatoy" wrote in message news:design-
My choice too... after a LOT of PC production routers.
That Milwaukee 3 1/4 HP is a sweetie for both table and hand-held use.

I use a slightly older Milwaukee 3612BR 3 HP router. Works a treat in one of
the tablesaw wings converted to router table use or by hand.