Never Enough Money

Default Refinishing Old Oak Dining Room Table

I know refinishig has been covered numerous times in this group. Soory
to open it up again -- didn't see exactly what I wanted - a short
concise step-by-step, product names, etc.

I've raised three kids with this table. The finish is shot from years
of spilt juice, knicks and bangs, etc.

Any recommendations on how: I assume
1. Strip them. Plain ol' stripper from Home Depot.
2. Resand (yuck - that'll take a while). Is this needed?
3. Apply a sealer. Is this needed?
4. Use a finish like:
A. Two or three coats of Danish oil.
B. One coat of Polyurethane.

What say y'all?

P.S. For those of you in multiple newsgroups, I have posted this same
question elesewhere. We'll see which newsgroup provide the highest
quality answers.

dining table mike hide Woodworking 0 February 16th 05 04:21 AM
"pass-through" from kitchen to dining room? scoobz UK diy 7 January 5th 05 10:41 PM
refinishing old dining table Jenny Home Ownership 2 November 6th 04 02:40 AM
Help! Sun damage & plastic tarp melted onto dining room table Emily Woodworking 2 October 12th 03 07:31 AM
table saw refinishing Jim H Woodworking 2 September 17th 03 11:16 PM