DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PVC S&D pipe (2729) available in Minneapolis area? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/92507-pvc-s-d-pipe-2729-available-minneapolis-area.html)

[email protected] February 23rd 05 07:21 PM

PVC S&D pipe (2729) available in Minneapolis area?

I've called several dealers and distributors in Mpls and St. Paul
looking for this pipe and fittings to use for DC system. None of them
have it or know who does.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rick

J February 23rd 05 08:17 PM

Did you try ace hardware for the fittings? I'm pretty sure all 6" PVC has
the same OD. Only the wall thickness varies.
http://www.acehardware.com/family/in...254880.1255006

I'm sure if you talk to a plumbing supply house they can order you some.
Might take a minimum size order though.

-j

oups.com...

Bill Leonhardt February 23rd 05 08:53 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've called several dealers and distributors in Mpls and St. Paul
looking for this pipe and fittings to use for DC system. None of them
have it or know who does.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rick

Rick,

I don't live anywhere near MN, but if you don't get any other answers, the
following may help.

I used 4" S&D for all but the main trunk line (5" spiral) in my D/C system.
The pipe and basic fittings came from Home Depot. I did, however, buy
several fittings from:
www.mcmaster.com
The quality and variety of the fittings was better than HD, including having
90 degree LONG radius elbows.

Good luck,

Bill Leonhardt

Bruce February 24th 05 02:16 AM

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:21:30 -0700, wrote
(in article .com):

I've called several dealers and distributors in Mpls and St. Paul
looking for this pipe and fittings to use for DC system. None of them
have it or know who does.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rick

I found only (1) place that had it. Call some of the plumbing supply houses
(industrial) and ask. The place I found wasn't listed in the yellow pages.

They didn't carry the "thin" stuff, just the next grade up. This was fairly
heavy. If I could still locate the thin stuff I'd get it instead. The
fittings are all the same except for the really heavy (sched. 40). After
buying three 45 wyes at $20 each I found McMaster had them a lot cheaper.

-Bruce

Walt Conner February 24th 05 02:45 PM

In this part of the Country, Mid-West, the thin 4" PVC pipe is readily
available at all Farm Supply Stores, Rural King, Big R, TSC, etc. About $4
per 10 ft. length. It is plenty good for dust collector system. Mine has
been in use for close to 20 years.

Walt Conner

patrick conroy February 25th 05 12:41 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Any suggestions?

Others have said HD - ours in this area doesn't have it, only Sched 40.
Oddly enough the Lowes here did have it, in 4", for a little over $4/10'.
And more oddly, all of the Ace Hardware's I checked had it too.