burlhunter

Default RE-SAW???

What egsackly qualifys a band saw to be a re-saw and whats the diffrence. I
cut craft wood out of weird and unique peices, Plum, pear, limbs, crotch
wood,turning blocks, mostly small stuff up to 8 in wide I do this on an
old meat saw that I have converted to wood by adding guides and wood blade
the thing weighs 1,200 lb so its solid and has a 28 in clearence with the
guide all the way up. 2.5 hsp Is this a Re saw or not and why Would my
production and quality improve by moving up to We cut small but a lot and
do some on our Portable mill but Im always looking for better or atleast
looking at Thank you

Larry Bud

burlhunter wrote:
What egsackly qualifys a band saw to be a re-saw and whats the

diffrence. I
cut craft wood out of weird and unique peices, Plum, pear, limbs,

crotch
wood,turning blocks, mostly small stuff up to 8 in wide I do this on

an
old meat saw that I have converted to wood by adding guides and wood

blade
the thing weighs 1,200 lb so its solid and has a 28 in clearence with

the
guide all the way up. 2.5 hsp Is this a Re saw or not and why Would

my
production and quality improve by moving up to We cut small but a lot

and
do some on our Portable mill but Im always looking for better or

atleast
looking at Thank you

i cant understand a thing when you type in one giant sentence its
impossible to read it esp when you use abbrv and have no clue where one
starts and one ends i think the best way to get an answer is to write
properly so that we all know what you mean tahanks

George

"burlhunter" wrote in message
lkaboutcrafting.com...
What egsackly qualifys a band saw to be a re-saw and whats the diffrence.

cut craft wood out of weird and unique peices, Plum, pear, limbs, crotch
wood,turning blocks, mostly small stuff up to 8 in wide I do this on an
old meat saw that I have converted to wood by adding guides and wood blade
the thing weighs 1,200 lb so its solid and has a 28 in clearence with the
guide all the way up. 2.5 hsp Is this a Re saw or not and why Would my
production and quality improve by moving up to We cut small but a lot and
do some on our Portable mill but Im always looking for better or atleast
looking at Thank you

A Re-Saw is what does what you've adapted yours to do, and is called a
"re-saw."

mac davis

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:11:52 -0500, "burlhunter"
wrote:

What egsackly qualifys a band saw to be a re-saw and whats the diffrence. I
cut craft wood out of weird and unique peices, Plum, pear, limbs, crotch
wood,turning blocks, mostly small stuff up to 8 in wide I do this on an
old meat saw that I have converted to wood by adding guides and wood blade
the thing weighs 1,200 lb so its solid and has a 28 in clearence with the
guide all the way up. 2.5 hsp Is this a Re saw or not and why Would my
production and quality improve by moving up to We cut small but a lot and
do some on our Portable mill but Im always looking for better or atleast
looking at Thank you

run on sentences on 220 3 phase!

resaw is a type of cut, not a type of saw...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
LRod

wrote:

What egsackly qualifys a band saw to be a re-saw and whats the diffrence.

A bandsaw is a resaw when it's used to resaw. When it isn't, it isn't,
although it's always a bandsaw.

egsackly.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

mac davis

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 03:49:57 -0600, wrote:

A Re-saw is when you mess up the first time.
And have to Re-saw the piece!

I thought it was when you took a 2nd look at the babe in the tight pants..