Bob

Default air compressor water seperator ?

I have a new Coleman compressor. Do those glass things one can install on
the hose line really work? When I drain the bottom valve I get a little
water out of it.
Thanks

Norman D. Crow

"Bob" wrote in message
I have a new Coleman compressor. Do those glass things one can install on
the hose line really work? When I drain the bottom valve I get a little
water out of it.
Thanks

Yes they do. However, you will still get some from the tank when you drain
it. The separators only take care of moisture that makes it out of the tank
into the air lines.

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

Leon

"Bob" wrote in message
I have a new Coleman compressor. Do those glass things one can install on
the hose line really work? When I drain the bottom valve I get a little
water out of it.
Thanks

Up to that point only. If I use a lot of air and the compressor runs a lot
condensation will form in the line after the water separator. Place the
separator as close to your tool as possible for maximum benefit.

Mike Marlow

"Bob" wrote in message
I have a new Coleman compressor. Do those glass things one can install on
the hose line really work? When I drain the bottom valve I get a little
water out of it.
Thanks

Yes they do work, but understand that in the process of compressing air and
using that air, you will always create water. That means that you tank will
always build up water in it and need to be drained periodically and you
lines will always accumulate water. The separator serves the purpose of
trapping most of that water so that it does not get to your spray gun or
your air tools, but it too has to be drained periodically. You can purchase
a relief valve that goes in place of the petcock drain on your tank, and
plumbs into the pressure switch line, and those will automatically blow off
a small amount of air from your tank every time the compressor cycles. They
work well to reduce the water buildup in your tank, but I really don't know
if they work perfectly. If you don't buy one of those and just go with a
separator, you will have to drain both the tank and the separator from time
to time based on usage.
--

-Mike-