Dave Jackson

Default Wood movement

I think you're refering to the breadboard ends. Do a quick search for more
info. --dave

"Anonymous" wrote in message
newsan.2005.02.04.05.40.52.120258@notarealserver .com...
I have been asked ($$) to make a cutting board for a co-worker. I will be
using ambrosia maple and cherry for the main board surface and a border of
walnut to frame the whole thing.

Sometime recently (before I needed to know this) I read about leaving some
joint or other in these things unglued. I sure would appreciate a link to
a site discussing / illustrating this or a 'heads up' here.

TIA

Bill

--
Uptime below for a desktop Linux machine.
00:37:00 up 26 days, 11:13, 3 users, load average: 0.06, 0.09, 0.23

Robatoy

In article ,

I'd prefer bowel movement.... (well.. it's ALMOST not OT...bowel rhymes
with dowel.....nebber mind...back to drinking my tea...)
TWS

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:40:52 -0500, Anonymous
wrote:

I have been asked ($$) to make a cutting board for a co-worker. I will be
using ambrosia maple and cherry for the main board surface and a border of
walnut to frame the whole thing.

Bill, I think you should do some more research on the cause of the
ambrosia coloring. Some forms of Maple staining/coloring are a result
of fungus that could be toxic to humans. Not a good thing for a
cutting board.
TWS