DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tool Stand from Trashed Desk (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/89241-tool-stand-trashed-desk.html)

Lawrence L'Hote February 1st 05 03:32 PM

Tool Stand from Trashed Desk

I picked up this child's desk this morning by the curb. The top appears to
be maple and it has sturdy legs and a nice shelf for stuff. It even has a
sticker for Papa John's. I'll remove the top, do a little sanding and glue
it back together. Spray on a little grey paint on those metal portions
Viola!! my new tool stand.

http://home.mchsi.com/~lawlhote/Dump...d-desk1big.jpg

Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO

J T February 1st 05 04:00 PM

Tue, Feb 1, 2005, 3:32pm (EST+5) (Lawrence=A0L'Hote)
says:
snip Spray on a little grey paint on those metal portions Viola!! my
new tool stand.

Grey? Not yellow? Did you get NOTHING from my webpage?

JOAT
The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at
the men he has around him.
- Niccolo Machiavelli

mac davis February 1st 05 04:17 PM

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:32:17 GMT, "Lawrence L'Hote"
wrote:

I picked up this child's desk this morning by the curb. The top appears to
be maple and it has sturdy legs and a nice shelf for stuff. It even has a
sticker for Papa John's. I'll remove the top, do a little sanding and glue
it back together. Spray on a little grey paint on those metal portions
Viola!! my new tool stand.

http://home.mchsi.com/~lawlhote/Dump...d-desk1big.jpg

Larry

I picked up 2 "student tables" at a garage sale a few years ago for $5
each... 2 x 4' with same shelf and adjustable metal legs...

One is one the patio covered with the wife's gardening stuff, the
other is the foundation for my Jet mini at the moment... used to have
my router table on it...
They work great, because they're built "kid tough".. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Lawrence L'Hote February 1st 05 04:32 PM

"J T" wrote in message
Tue, Feb 1, 2005, 3:32pm (EST+5) (Lawrence L'Hote)
says:
snip Spray on a little grey paint on those metal portions Viola!! my
new tool stand.

Grey? Not yellow? Did you get NOTHING from my webpage?

My son don't try to keep his father's tools he borrows (hehehe) As far as
learning from your pages. I book marked several of the pages with some of
those great links.....

Larry

J T February 1st 05 09:07 PM

Tue, Feb 1, 2005, 4:32pm (EST+5) (Lawrence=A0L'Hote)
says:
My son don't try to keep his father's tools he borrows (hehehe) As far
as learning from your pages. I book marked several of the pages with
some of those great links.....

You might want to save any links you're especially nterested in.
I'm mostly adding links just now, but anything I see that I'm not
interested in anymore I'll discard.

Your son must not drive yet.

Glenna Rose February 2nd 05 06:04 AM

writes:

They work great, because they're built "kid tough".. *g*

To my fellow ladies:

There we have it, validation of the difference between men and boys is the
size of their toys (probably also price which makes the desks a real
bargain. L-)

Glenna

jaime February 2nd 05 10:47 AM

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:04:19 -0800, (Glenna Rose)
wrote:

To my fellow ladies:

There we have it, validation of the difference between men and boys is the
size of their toys

I knew that years ago.

mac davis February 2nd 05 04:16 PM

wrote:

writes:

They work great, because they're built "kid tough".. *g*

To my fellow ladies:

There we have it, validation of the difference between men and boys is the
size of their toys (probably also price which makes the desks a real
bargain. L-)

Glenna

but the old saying still holds true, Glenna...

He who dies with the most toys...

Still dies