Will

Default SOme recent Projects

Had these jewel boxes put on website by a friend as a sample site.

http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...tsbusiness.htm

still learning - but getting better.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
jaime

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:30:05 -0500, Will
wrote:

Had these jewel boxes put on website by a friend as a sample site.

http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...tsbusiness.htm

still learning - but getting better.

Those are beautiful Will. You are giving me ideas on making one and
seeing how I do at it.

GaryH

"Eric" wrote in message
Very nice work Will. I'm not usually much for modern/classic stuff but I
really like the curly chestnut/walnut box. Is it your own design?

If I had to hazard a guess, they look very much like the boxes in David M
Freedman's book "Box-Making Basics".

GH

Will

Some are from the book mentioned - all modified. Those styles of design
appear in many sources. All have been modified. Some more - some less
depends on what the person wanted.

Not all modifications are apparent. The chestnut/walnut box has mitered
mortise and tenons - as opposed to the biscuits in the original design.
I saw this design several other places after I saw it in the book - all
made differently than mine or the book. Once I saw this style presented
as a general design style. I used mortise and tenon cause I didn't have
biscuit hole cutters - it was simpler at the time. :-)) The tenons are
at the ends of the sides and front. They fit inside the legs and are
mitered inside the mortise on the leg.

Since I have a limited shop - I must modify virtually every design I
find - whether the end user knows it or not. :-)

Sadly I never thought at the time to get digital pictures of everything
I did and assembling a library has been an exercise.