Beej-in-GA

Default West Oak Woodworking

Howdy group,
Thought I'd ask youse all a question here. I was just trying to find West
Oak Woodworking on the old web thing. Their url used to be
wow-woodworking.com Google still gives many links with this addy. I get a
"We can't find this" or what we used to call a 404 error when I try the
links. Any clue as to where to find them on the web? Thanks for the help.
Best Regards,
Beej

Dave

Beej, I spent some time looking for Rob West and West Oaks Woodowrking,
too. No luck. He seems to have disappeared. I even tried a personal
search in the Des Moines, IA area with no success.
Have you got one of his spacer fence things?

Dave

Beej-in-GA

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Beej, I spent some time looking for Rob West and West Oaks Woodowrking,
too. No luck. He seems to have disappeared. I even tried a personal
search in the Des Moines, IA area with no success.
Have you got one of his spacer fence things?

Dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply. I do have one of the spacer fence kits that I got at
a woodworking show I went to here at the Gwinnett County Civic Center. It
was a couple of years ago, but the video I was reviewing last week made
mention of a mortise and tenon jig he was coming out with. I was going to
see if it had made it to production and distribution. They have moved the
venue for the Woodworking Show here in Atlanta and I have not gone since
they did. By the way, if you don't have one, and want something almost the
same, I have an idea for you. The fellows who do the router work shop on
television from Canada offer the same thing. As Rob has, though it may be
at a slightly higher price and they make you pay for the video that Rob
threw into his deal. Here is a link to there commercial site:
http://www.oak-park.com and for their router workshop site:
http://www.routerworkshop.com/
They have merchandise on offer there as well. Hope this helps. BTW if you
need to know what comes in the kit from Rob, holler back and I'll provide
the info for you. That way you will know what to look for.
Sorry to be so long winded!
Later,
Beej

Dave

Beej, I've got one of Rob's spacer fence kits. Kind of a big waste of
money for me. I don't think I've ever actually made a project with it.
Actually, the latest American Woodworker magazine came in the mail the
other day (so it is probably the July 2006 issue. ) and there is a
very similar jig in there to make.

The bed on the one in the AW magazine is plywood with a groove down its
length. Then you make a pusher sort of thing with a key that fits in
the slot and a second key for positioning the work similar to most box
joint jigs.

One of the problems with Rob's is it is too short for my table and
router insert plate.

I remember Rob talking about a mortise and tenon jig and wondered what
became of it and him. Seems to me at one time he did some jig work for
ShopNotes and Woodsmith magazines.
They might be able to help you out with tracking him down.

Beej-in-GA

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yes it is kind of funny how they do the magazine issue dates isn't it. It
kind of irks me about our woodworking magazines do us. You pay somewhere in
the neighborhood of 20 or more dollars and then you get at most seven
issues. But then, they know we are like junkies in a way. We gotta feed
our sawdust Jones. It is really funny how Rob just seems to have fallen off
the planet. I'll try the mags you suggested. WTH, it couldn't hurt, right?
Thanks for the ideas.
Cheers,
Beej

FA; eBay: Woodworking books videos Zak Woodturning 9 October 23rd 04 03:38 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 05:46 PM
SF Bay Area Woodworking Open House Jeff Woodworking 1 August 3rd 03 12:10 AM