Derrick

Default 10" stationary table say suggestion

The link you show isn't valid. How much is the saw your considering and
some basic info on it would help get good comparisons. Not sure the money
you want to spend but don't cheap out, I looked at cheaper saws and glad I
waited the extra year to afford my choice. My suggestion is you could
probably do better than the craftsman, they are a little weak on power when
doing thick miter cuts in hardwoods. You also should look at the heaviest
possible as there is less vibration, with cleaner cuts. I got a 36-650
Delta Contractors Saw 1 1/2hp for $750 Cdn (approx. $650 US) with cast wings
(Decent fence for a stock one). Got it from HD and this is well worth the
$$, solid and good power. There are many other makers that make great saws
as well. Don't get me wrong, half my house is full of Sears appliances and
I still wouldn't get a table saw there. Would you buy a pair of shoes from
HD? (I'm sure eventually they will start selling shoes as they sell
everything else).

Check out this link it will give you reviews of table saws
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Shop_To..._Saw?sp=iother

Good shopping.

"SagDEG" wrote in message
I'm reposting this message because the original message appears to have
never posted. I did get replies before (many thanks), but some news

servers
may have filtered me because I had _remove in my email address to prevent
spammers from getting it. Please see original post below:

I'm buying a new table saw and will use it for building cabinets, small
furniture, and picture frames, etc. Not professionally, just as a doe
yourselfer and for friends. This is my first table saw, but I've used

some
older craftsman table saws owned by friends.

I'm considering the craftsman 24830. Does anyone have this saw or can you
contrast it with a grizzly or other comparable saw?

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...=00 924830000

thanks and feedback much appreciated.

SK