Default Any stairbuilders out there?

Hello... any stairbuilders out there? go to group called staircases,
hardwood. I just started it. Looking for conversation with professional
stair guys.

Lew Hodgett

Subject

Just curious.

A question for the stair builders.

How often do you find yourself building a set of stairs that is other
than a 3-4-5 right triangle?

(ie: 6" rise, 8" tread)

Lew

What's up Dave? Any stair conversing?

Howdy there mister Mike,
What say you about the stair business locallly? Busy?

What do you mean? out of square how?

Mike you there?

Dave Jackson

I was unable to find your group, sorry! --dave

wrote in message
oups.com...
Mike you there?

hmmm,
staircases,hardwood.... i'll look into it
Where you from?

Staircases, Hardwood
it seems to work. Try again. You and i can get this group up and going.
Other stair people will join in.

Dave Jackson

I'd say my average is normally a 71/8" to 71/2" rise and 10" to 11" run.
(The average angle is about 35-37 degrees.) In fact, I can't off hand
remember building any that fell into a perfect 3-4-5 rt triangle. --dave

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
nk.net...
Subject

Just curious.

A question for the stair builders.

How often do you find yourself building a set of stairs that is other than
a 3-4-5 right triangle?

(ie: 6" rise, 8" tread)

Lew

Dave,
It's a google group, not under rec.woodworking.
Just (Staircases, Hardwood)

Dave Jackson

Do you have a link? I have earthlink news and just entered the group name
into the newsgroup search with no luck. --dave

wrote in message
ups.com...
Staircases, Hardwood
it seems to work. Try again. You and i can get this group up and going.
Other stair people will join in.

Mike,
Nice website. How about some information on different suppliers,
etc.
Are you using Chinese parts?
Seems we're almost exclusively using them.

Luigi Zanasi

On Sunday 30 Jan 2005 1:37 am, Lew Hodgett scribbled:

Subject

Just curious.

A question for the stair builders.

How often do you find yourself building a set of stairs that is other
than a 3-4-5 right triangle?

(ie: 6" rise, 8" tread)

Most of the stairs I've seen and built have been 7 to 7-1/2" rise and 10
to 11" run.

--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email
LonE

where can i find this group?

On 29 Jan 2005 16:06:51 -0800, " wrote:

Hello... any stairbuilders out there? go to group called staircases,
hardwood. I just started it. Looking for conversation with professional
stair guys.

Hey LonE,
It's not really a working group yet.. but it's found on google groups.
I want to talk stairs...

Renata

Ah! So you're the fellow who built the stairs to my basement. Let me
get my hands around your throat... ;-)

The 8" tread is too narrow for most feet.

Renata