J T

Default Possibly Off-Topic - Construction of A Powered Eight-Rat Treadmill

http://www.usi.edu/science/engineeri..._treadmill.htm

This is not my project. However, it is dedicated to those of you
who somehow think I actually search out this stuff to post. So, tell
me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea
to search out something like this?

JOAT
Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.
- Unknown

Holy smoke!! What are you trying to say? Do you know this fellow or
are you just fascinated by the concept?

Tom

JOAT wrote:So, tell
me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea
to search out something like this?

Retribution? Tom
Work at your leisure!
Glenna Rose

writes:
http://www.usi.edu/science/engineeri..._treadmill.htm

This is not my project. However, it is dedicated to those of you
who somehow think I actually search out this stuff to post. So, tell
me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea
to search out something like this?

More's the question, did you look at all 10 weeks' pages?

Glenna

Charlie Self

Glenna responds:

writes:
http://www.usi.edu/science/engineeri..._treadmill.htm

This is not my project. However, it is dedicated to those of you
who somehow think I actually search out this stuff to post. So, tell
me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea
to search out something like this?

More's the question, did you look at all 10 weeks' pages?

Eight was enough. But I wonder just how much that contract the builder got was
for. Wow. Eight rats at a time, just a woofing away on their treadmills.

I sometimes wonder...

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000
Joe Gorman

Charlie Self wrote:
Glenna responds:

writes:

http://www.usi.edu/science/engineeri..._treadmill.htm

This is not my project. However, it is dedicated to those of you
who somehow think I actually search out this stuff to post. So, tell
me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea
to search out something like this?

More's the question, did you look at all 10 weeks' pages?

Eight was enough. But I wonder just how much that contract the builder got was
for. Wow. Eight rats at a time, just a woofing away on their treadmills.

I sometimes wonder...

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000

Week 10 didn't even have it complete. Methinks a couple Goodwill
Nordic tracs hooked to a common drive motor with speed control
would have been a lot faster and cheaper. But it was probably for
a govt contract.
Joe
Luigi Zanasi

On Thursday 27 Jan 2005 9:34 am, Charlie Self scribbled:

Eight was enough. But I wonder just how much that contract the builder
got was for. Wow. Eight rats at a time, just a woofing away on their
treadmills.

I sometimes wonder...

They're just pulling habits out of rats.

--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email
Jeff P.

Dang. I just bought my 7 rat treadmill. Got to keep up with the Joneses.

--
Jeff P.

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog
can cure depression. The down side is, the minute
you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.usi.edu/science/engineeri..._treadmill.htm

This is not my project. However, it is dedicated to those of you
who somehow think I actually search out this stuff to post. So, tell
me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea
to search out something like this?

JOAT
Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.
- Unknown

Member

Humm...I wonder if there is any correlation between commissioning the construction of steel and aluminum 8 rat treadmills for medical research and the high cost of health care.

Here's a cheaper solution. Get some old shoe strings and make rat collars and rat leashes, then take the rats for a walk.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:19:21 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

http://www.usi.edu/science/engineeri..._treadmill.htm

This is not my project. However, it is dedicated to those of you
who somehow think I actually search out this stuff to post. So, tell
me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea
to search out something like this?

JOAT
Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.
- Unknown

Training for the rat race? :-)

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
dusty

(J T) wrote in news:8111-41F879D9-63@storefull-
3155.bay.webtv.net:

http://www.usi.edu/science/engineeri..._treadmill.htm

This is not my project. However, it is dedicated to those of you
who somehow think I actually search out this stuff to post. So, tell
me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea
to search out something like this?

JOAT
Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.
- Unknown

Most likely it would have been cheaper to buy one already made
http://www.colinst.com/brief.php?id=66
Silvan

dusty wrote:

Most likely it would have been cheaper to buy one already made
http://www.colinst.com/brief.php?id=66

Yeahbut that was a three rat/six mouse treadmill, and the internet guy has
spent the last 10 weeks working up an EIGHT-rat treadmill, which is, he
claims, undiscovered country.

Wow, I can't believe I wasted several seconds of my life actually glancing
at that stuff.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
dusty

Silvan wrote in
:

dusty wrote:

Most likely it would have been cheaper to buy one already made
http://www.colinst.com/brief.php?id=66

Yeahbut that was a three rat/six mouse treadmill, and the internet guy
has spent the last 10 weeks working up an EIGHT-rat treadmill, which
is, he claims, undiscovered country.

Wow, I can't believe I wasted several seconds of my life actually
glancing at that stuff.

10 is not that many quinton used to make a rat treadmill for 10 rats I know
I had to repair it because the rat runners wouldn't clean the rat S*** out
of it. they also had one home made unit that would run 20 rats at a time
but the belts where a real headache because if you got a little rat S***
under them the belt would start tracking off the rollers.

mac davis

wrote:

http://www.usi.edu/science/engineeri..._treadmill.htm

This is not my project. However, it is dedicated to those of you
who somehow think I actually search out this stuff to post. So, tell
me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea
to search out something like this?

JOAT
Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.
- Unknown

It's just the way your brain functions, bro.. and we love it.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing