Default Covers for Blum hinges

I just finished building a new kitchen in my house, and I have a
question about hinge covers. I used Blum hinges throughout. A set of
the upper cabinets, 12 inches deep, is situated over an island. These
upper cabinets have doors set with glass on both sides of the cabinet,
so that one can see through the cabinet. The hinges inside the cabinet
are very visible through the glass with the doors closed and are
somewhat distracting. Have any of you ever had this situation? Is there
available a cover that can be used to cover the portion of the hinge
that is mounted on the cabinet itself? The inside is white melamine, so
a white plastic cover would be fine. I have looked around but have
found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Roger Thrall
Vermont

Jeff P.

Hmm..

I used similar hinges on my office cabinet doors. Two of these doors have
glass centers in them and while the hinges are visible I can't say they're
distracting. However, that's just me. If I was inclined to attempt to
cover them I would consider creating a narrow baffle that ran the entire
length of the door from top to bottom (obviously you would need to cut it to
length to fit inside the face frame). This would only have to be about 1/2
to 3/4 inch wide. Either stain it or paint it or laminate it or whatever it
to match your cabinets. Mount it on the door just inside the hinge. This
should blend in quite nice and shouldn't be too distracting when the door is
open.
--
Jeff P.

"A ship carrying blue paint collided with a ship carrying red paint. The
crew are believed to be marooned."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just finished building a new kitchen in my house, and I have a
question about hinge covers. I used Blum hinges throughout. A set of
the upper cabinets, 12 inches deep, is situated over an island. These
upper cabinets have doors set with glass on both sides of the cabinet,
so that one can see through the cabinet. The hinges inside the cabinet
are very visible through the glass with the doors closed and are
somewhat distracting. Have any of you ever had this situation? Is there
available a cover that can be used to cover the portion of the hinge
that is mounted on the cabinet itself? The inside is white melamine, so
a white plastic cover would be fine. I have looked around but have
found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Roger Thrall
Vermont

Leon

Consider using a different Blum brand hinge. I typically use face frame
1/2" overlay Blum hinges and use glass all the time. No sign of the hinge
until you open the door.

oups.com...