Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
toller

Default Tear out with an omnijig?

I made my first 6 drawers with my new omnijig. Had a bunch of problems, but
they were due to carelessness or inadequate stock preparation; the jig was
great.

Well, except for the tear out at the of about half the pieces. Is that just
the way it is, or is there some secret to avoiding it? I think leaving a
1/16" of extra material on, and then trimming would solve it, but maybe
there is a better way. Please don't suggest a backerboard; I had enough
trouble keeping two pieces square and set, three would be beyond my ability.