bhayner

Default Tail vise question...

Greetings all. I'm looking to add a tail vise to my existing workbench but
can't find any info on how it's done. I've seen the hardware, but none of
the instruction. I've been to countless pages that show various styles of
them, but again, no instruction. Can someone point me in the right direction
?? Thanks in advance. Please feel free to email me back directly as I can't
check this group as often as I'd like.

Part-timer

bhayner wrote:
Greetings all. I'm looking to add a tail vise to my existing

workbench but
can't find any info on how it's done. I've seen the hardware, but

none of
the instruction. I've been to countless pages that show various

styles of
them, but again, no instruction. Can someone point me in the right

direction
?? Thanks in advance. Please feel free to email me back directly as I

can't
check this group as often as I'd like.

Check out Lee Valley www.leevalley.com - navigate to the vise section
and on the page that displays the Veritas tail vise, you can download
and read very complete instructions for installing a tail vice.

Dave in Fairfax

bhayner wrote:
Greetings all. I'm looking to add a tail vise to my existing workbench but
can't find any info on how it's done. I've seen the hardware, but none of
the instruction. I've been to countless pages that show various styles of
them, but again, no instruction. Can someone point me in the right direction
?? Thanks in advance. Please feel free to email me back directly as I can't
check this group as often as I'd like.

Take a look at the The Workbench Book by Scott Landis. It 's a
great read and has terrific pix as well as plans to build all the
benchs in it.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
charlie b

bhayner wrote:

Greetings all. I'm looking to add a tail vise to my existing workbench but
can't find any info on how it's done. I've seen the hardware, but none of
the instruction. I've been to countless pages that show various styles of
them, but again, no instruction. Can someone point me in the right direction
?? Thanks in advance. Please feel free to email me back directly as I can't
check this group as often as I'd like.

Google search on "tail vise" turned up this one

http://www.fine-tools.com/G300650b.htm

If this one doesn't fill the need you can narrow the search
of the 1,490 matches to find instructions

charlie b
Phisherman

The Workbench Book by Scott Landis. Look in the index under "tail
vise." This book is an excellent reference. Taunton Press has a half
off sale going on now for selected books until the end of the month,
with this book included.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:54:36 -0800, charlie b
wrote:

bhayner wrote:

Greetings all. I'm looking to add a tail vise to my existing workbench but
can't find any info on how it's done. I've seen the hardware, but none of
the instruction. I've been to countless pages that show various styles of
them, but again, no instruction. Can someone point me in the right direction
?? Thanks in advance. Please feel free to email me back directly as I can't
check this group as often as I'd like.

Google search on "tail vise" turned up this one

http://www.fine-tools.com/G300650b.htm

If this one doesn't fill the need you can narrow the search
of the 1,490 matches to find instructions

charlie b

Nate Perkins

"bhayner" wrote in
:

Greetings all. I'm looking to add a tail vise to my existing workbench
but can't find any info on how it's done. I've seen the hardware, but
none of the instruction. I've been to countless pages that show
various styles of them, but again, no instruction. Can someone point
me in the right direction ?? Thanks in advance. Please feel free to
email me back directly as I can't check this group as often as I'd
like.

http://www2.woodcraft.com/pdf/77A41.pdf

The hardware is available from Woodcraft or Lee Valley (Lee Valley has
better service IMHO).

If you want to build the modern sliding tail vise, then be sure to get the
hardware that includes the screw and the sliding plates (Woodcraft #144807
or Lee Valley #70G09.01). If you want to build the European style end
vise, then you only need the screw alone. When I was building my
workbench, I looked at both styles and decided that the modern sliding
style was simpler to build and as effective.

You will greatly enjoy having a tail vise. I use my tail vise much much
more often than I use my front vise.

Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Repair 6 March 26th 04 01:23 AM
Replacement mortar question Paul Home Repair 8 December 2nd 03 01:18 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM
Question about possible 'floating neutral' donald girod Home Repair 1 June 30th 03 03:47 AM