Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dan White

Default Sizing pilot holes for hardwood

Hi. Dumb question probably, but I have to screw into some hard maple and
was never sure about how to match up a pilot hole size with the screw. Is
there an easy way to know how to match the two? I'm concerned mainly about
drilling too big a pilot so that the screw doesn't bite enough, and vice
versa of course.

thanks,
dwhite

Pilot holes and glue-up order of operation Corey Woodworking 7 October 31st 04 05:09 AM
Gas logs pilot light problem. TOM KAN PA Home Repair 7 November 14th 03 12:28 AM
Boring dog holes... Silvan Woodworking 5 November 4th 03 07:10 PM
Foundation holes jim Home Repair 0 August 14th 03 04:10 PM
screw holes in maple hardwood floor blue Woodworking 10 July 16th 03 07:18 PM