DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Moderating rec.woodworking (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/86110-moderating-rec-woodworking.html)

[email protected] January 13th 05 06:14 AM

Moderating rec.woodworking

The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Mark & Juanita January 13th 05 06:24 AM

On 12 Jan 2005 22:14:32 -0800, "
wrote:

The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

I seriously doubt you are going to welcome the feedback you get regarding
this. Particularly since this appears to only be the second posting you've
made to rec.ww, the other posting was also participating in a thread
dealing with creating a moderated woodworking group.

Why in the world do you want to do this?

Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry

J. Clarke January 13th 05 06:31 AM

wrote:

The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Just sod off and get a life.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

mp January 13th 05 06:33 AM

The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Ok. Here's mine. Please stick your self-rightous head up your butt and
waddle out of here.

Joe Wells January 13th 05 06:43 AM

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:14:32 -0800, wrote:

The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to convert
unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a proposal
(RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation, after a passing
vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Here's some early feedback for ya:
http://amishrakefight.org/gfy/

--
Joe Wells

J T January 13th 05 06:55 AM

Wed, Jan 12, 2005, 10:14pm (EST-3)
) trolls us with:
The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to convert
unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a proposal
(RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation, after a
passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted here.
Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Another day, another dorky troll.

JOAT
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.
- =A0Dale Carnegie

[email protected] January 13th 05 07:45 AM

Mark & Juanita wrote:

I seriously doubt you are going to welcome the feedback
you get regarding this.

You will have your opportunity to vote.

Particularly since this appears to only be the second
posting you've made to rec.ww, the other posting was also
participating in a thread dealing with creating a moderated
woodworking group.

None of that matters when submitting an RFD. I have been a very long
time lurker, and lurkers rights are equal to posters rights on Usenet.

Why in the world do you want to do this?

This house is a mess; time to clean it up. I will submit the RFD within
24 hours. Voting will start about 21 days later. I have a *very* good
feeling that the vote will pass, and that I will become the moderator
of rec.woodworking by next month. I suggest you start being a little
nicer to me if you want me to pay attention to your ideas during the
RFD process.

Bob McClenon

Jack January 13th 05 08:01 AM

this sounds familiar...

warm he? January 13th 05 09:12 AM

" schreef in
bericht oups.com...
The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Take a woodstick and a knife, or take a hobby.

ijsman, The Netherlands

Groggy January 13th 05 10:42 AM

On 12 Jan 2005 22:14:32 -0800, "
wrote:

We've seen this crud before. By the way, the person you are trying to
bring some grief, Bob Mcclenon from the UK, is from verizon.net, NOT
verizon.zzn.com.

TROLL
----------------
A friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you, saying,
"That was ****ing awesome!".

Fourleaves January 13th 05 11:30 AM

While I admit I would like to see this area become something my son could
learn from in a few years (he can't even read now) without fear of exposure
to the porn and drug trolls, I would never support a person with the
attitude displayed below.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

I seriously doubt you are going to welcome the feedback
you get regarding this.

(snip)

Roger amd Missy Behnke January 13th 05 11:39 AM

None of that matters when submitting an RFD. I have been a very long
time lurker, and lurkers rights are equal to posters rights on Usenet.

This house is a mess; time to clean it up. I will submit the RFD within
24 hours. Voting will start about 21 days later. I have a *very* good
feeling that the vote will pass, and that I will become the moderator
of rec.woodworking by next month. I suggest you start being a little
nicer to me if you want me to pay attention to your ideas during the
RFD process.

Bob McClenon

Sounds like someone wants to look important. Unfortunately for him that
does not make him qualified to moderate this group.

WhiteBuffalo32 January 13th 05 12:01 PM

wrote:

This house is a mess; time to clean it up. I will submit the RFD

within
24 hours. Voting will start about 21 days later. I have a *very* good
feeling that the vote will pass, and that I will become the moderator
of rec.woodworking by next month. I suggest you start being a little
nicer to me if you want me to pay attention to your ideas during the
RFD process.

Bob McClenon

Hey Bobby boy,
as a long time lurker and a past poster here
I think your really trying to mess up a good thing.
Out side of a few curse words ,I find NOTHING to biotch about in this
forum.
Now ,maybe,having read this group through google maybe eliminates the
porn listings (which I've yet to see any ) but I see nothing here I
wouldn't let my 16 yr old daughter see.
YOU can count on my vote being against ya -you self rightous troll
Jim Misener

George January 13th 05 12:10 PM

" wrote in
message oups.com...
Mark & Juanita wrote:

This house is a mess; time to clean it up. I will submit the RFD within
24 hours. Voting will start about 21 days later. I have a *very* good
feeling that the vote will pass, and that I will become the moderator
of rec.woodworking by next month. I suggest you start being a little
nicer to me if you want me to pay attention to your ideas during the
RFD process.

Bob McClenon

The above threat that you made establishes that you are not fit to moderate
a newsgroup. Moderating is not the same as blocking people because you carry
a petty grudge against them.
I suggest that you petition to form a new NG called
rec.woodworking.emperor_mcclenon where you could openly wield your threats
and rule with an iron fist. That way your impact on rec woodworking will
match your contributions to the group.
I encourage all readers of rec.woodworking to forward a copy of Mr
McClenon's threat to the appropriate people at usenet post haste so as to
have the RFD rejected as an attempt at power seeking.

George Anderson

Knothead January 13th 05 12:28 PM

I got your feedback you friggin troll. Didn't the last exercise in this
demonstrate we don't want you kind here? Isn't there some other friggin
liberal cause you can go champion besides annoying the rest of us that don't
want your magnanimous attention?

Mike Marlow January 13th 05 12:50 PM

" wrote in
message oups.com...
Mark & Juanita wrote:

[...]

Oh great. Another one of the great saviors of all things messed up. Maybe
you'd be better off if you didn't even bother to lurk, let alone post, if
this place bothers you so much.
--

-Mike-

Joe January 13th 05 12:57 PM

This house is a mess; time to clean it up. I will submit the RFD within
24 hours. Voting will start about 21 days later. I have a *very* good
feeling that the vote will pass, and that I will become the moderator
of rec.woodworking by next month.

Hmm... I'd give you around 25% chance unless there is some sort of
cheat-the-vote process I'm not aware of...

I suggest you start being a little
nicer to me if you want me to pay attention to your ideas during the
RFD process.

....Make that 2%. Although I like the idea of a moderated group, I suggest
starting a brand new group to do so. With that last statement, I doubt many
will support you beign the moderator. Moderation takes clear, emotionless
thought and the ability to judge a post for its content regardless of
whether you think the looney who wrote it is an oxygen theif or not.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

My eBay: http://tinyurl.com/4hpnc

Ray January 13th 05 01:00 PM

" wrote in
message oups.com...

This house is a mess; time to clean it up. I will submit the RFD within
24 hours. Voting will start about 21 days later. I have a *very* good
feeling that the vote will pass, and that I will become the moderator
of rec.woodworking by next month. I suggest you start being a little
nicer to me if you want me to pay attention to your ideas during the
RFD process.

Bob McClenon

If you would like, I will be your campaign manager to support your cause.
Of course not here, maybe rec.BOBisKING.

Paul Kierstead January 13th 05 01:05 PM

wrote:
The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Excellent! For too many years this group has been full of so much filth!
What according to google groups, here are some word distributions:

woodie: 245 (my god, it seems like a favorite topic. pervs)

stroking wood: 23. Ok, not *so* common, but more then enough to be
worriesome, especially for impressionable young children!

cross dressing: 26 hits. I am seriously worried. I just wanted my kids
to be lumberjacks, and now the little punks are dressing up like women
and hanging around in bars!

dressing wood: 67 hits. 'nuff said.

You are absolutely right. And I didn't even cover glory hole (22 hits),
pole sucking (1 hit), greasing wood (6 hits).

What a horrible, horrible place. Clean it up, please!

PK

Dan January 13th 05 01:09 PM

On Thu 13 Jan 2005 06:28:00a, "Knothead"
wrote in
:

Isn't there some other friggin
liberal cause you can go champion besides annoying the rest of us that
don't want your magnanimous attention?

Actually I thought he looked more like a conservative.

Andy Dingley January 13th 05 01:14 PM

On 12 Jan 2005 23:45:32 -0800, "
wrote:

I suggest you start being a little
nicer to me if you want me to pay attention to your ideas during the
RFD process.

Your admission of blatant partiality is duly noted

Robatoy January 13th 05 01:18 PM

In article .com,
" wrote:

The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

And I propose a rec.woodworking.non-moderated so we can continue as
mature adults and police the situation ourselves without some power
hungry schmuck trying to become King Wreck. Illusions of grandeur?
That way, BobbyMcClenon can sit here and pound his little puddin all by
his-lonesome-miserable self.

I have never done this.. but there is always a first PLONK!

Rob

Frank Ketchum January 13th 05 01:26 PM

" wrote in
message oups.com...

None of that matters when submitting an RFD. I have been a very long
time lurker, and lurkers rights are equal to posters rights on Usenet.

Yes they are equal. You have the equal right to go **** up a rope if you
don't like what's going on here.

Frank

Joe C. January 13th 05 01:41 PM

Go away. Go far away. Go far away and never return

You're welcome

" wrote in
message oups.com...
Snip of a bunch of useless garbage

feedback welcome.

Ralph E Lindberg January 13th 05 01:44 PM

In article .com,
" wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

[...]

Bob, I've lead the effort to create something like 4 newsgroups. I
also ran a poll about splitting this newsgroup (ok that was several
years ago), and I can tell you this....

Your proposal will fail

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Mortimer Schnerd, RN January 13th 05 01:44 PM

wrote:
The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Another control freak heard from. Or are you just a troll?

Didn't we just go through this not two months ago? It fell on its ass, just
like this will.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Doug Miller January 13th 05 02:01 PM

In article .com,
says...
The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups.

Yeah, right. Funny how there's no mention of that over there...

Folks, this is a troll. Somebody's trying to stir the pot here, or stir
up trouble for the *real* Robert McClenon, or both. Let's just let this
thread die, shall we?

Leon January 13th 05 02:10 PM

Why would you want to stick you nose into something that you do not
participate in??

For get it.

" wrote in
message oups.com...

s2s January 13th 05 02:32 PM

Doug Miller wrote:
Yeah, right. Funny how there's no mention of that over there...

Folks, this is a troll. Somebody's trying to stir the pot here, or

stir
up trouble for the *real* Robert McClenon, or both. Let's just let

this
thread die, shall we?

Aw.
Couldn't we argue just a little bit over whether he's a conservative
troll or a liberal troll?

Mike G January 13th 05 02:39 PM

In article .com,
says...
The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Just got our MBA did we?

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

www.heirloom-woods.net

Leon January 13th 05 02:57 PM

"s2s" wrote in message
oups.com...
Doug Miller wrote:
Yeah, right. Funny how there's no mention of that over there...

Folks, this is a troll. Somebody's trying to stir the pot here, or

stir
up trouble for the *real* Robert McClenon, or both. Let's just let

this
thread die, shall we?

Aw.
Couldn't we argue just a little bit over whether he's a conservative
troll or a liberal troll?

Absolutely a Liberal Troll. You know the type, they want to take care of
EVERY BODY.

Guess who January 13th 05 03:01 PM

On 12 Jan 2005 22:14:32 -0800, "
wrote:

The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a
proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation,
after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted
here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

So long as you're not the moderator I'll think on it. I'd rather put
up with the OT crap, which is easily deleted. Like sorting through
junk regular mail, it's now instinctive and on automatic, and takes
seconds. This troll topic is on that list now.

Guess who January 13th 05 03:03 PM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:01:22 GMT, Doug Miller
wrote:

In article .com,
says...
The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to
convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups.

Yeah, right. Funny how there's no mention of that over there...

Folks, this is a troll. Somebody's trying to stir the pot here, or stir
up trouble for the *real* Robert McClenon, or both. Let's just let this
thread die, shall we?

Just one comment to say you're dead right there. Notice how they put
out the bait then vanish?

Robatoy January 13th 05 03:07 PM

In article .com,
"s2s" wrote:

Aw.
Couldn't we argue just a little bit over whether he's a conservative
troll or a liberal troll?

YES! YES! YES!! COOL!

naaa WGAF

Mike Granby January 13th 05 03:09 PM

I suggest you start being a little nicer to me.

This is a joke, right?