Ray

Default New Jet saw for $0.79 !

No I'm not selling anything. I came across these instructions and followed
them to adjust (fix is more like it) my saw. The raising wheel on my Jet
saw always had freeplay and bound since the day I unpacked it. I just
thought that was they way they were designed.

Truthfully I didn't follow all of these instructions. I just replaced the
fiber (paper thin) washer with a standard washer and it fixed the freeplay
and the binding.

You can see the worm gear by removing the table insert and looking inside
while operating the raising wheel, power disconnected of course. The worm
gear on my saw moved back and forth almost 3/8" at some points before
'engaging'. Putting in a standard washer was just what mine needed to
remain engaged constantly, it really does seem like a new saw.

http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/jetfix.html

--
Too much is not enough!

Ray

Dan Valleskey

I did something similar on my Delta Contractor saw. Satisfiying, eh.

-Dan V.

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:39:13 -0500, "Ray"
wrote:

No I'm not selling anything. I came across these instructions and followed
them to adjust (fix is more like it) my saw. The raising wheel on my Jet
saw always had freeplay and bound since the day I unpacked it. I just
thought that was they way they were designed.

Truthfully I didn't follow all of these instructions. I just replaced the
fiber (paper thin) washer with a standard washer and it fixed the freeplay
and the binding.

You can see the worm gear by removing the table insert and looking inside
while operating the raising wheel, power disconnected of course. The worm
gear on my saw moved back and forth almost 3/8" at some points before
'engaging'. Putting in a standard washer was just what mine needed to
remain engaged constantly, it really does seem like a new saw.

http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/jetfix.html

bob

Hey Leon,

THANKS! I have bitching to myself for months about all the slop in my Jet
saw. Never gave it a thought that it could be adjusted out.

Bob

"Ray" wrote in message
[...]

igor

[...]

I don't have that problem with my DW TS but I've admired your work at your
website (and the website) so I checked out your page on this. Well, I've
seen tech bulletins from major companies with much less attention to
detail. It's inspiring to see work so well done. -- Igor
Ray

"igor" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:39:13 -0500, "Ray" wrote:

http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/jetfix.html

I don't have that problem with my DW TS but I've admired your work at your
website (and the website) so I checked out your page on this. Well, I've
seen tech bulletins from major companies with much less attention to
detail. It's inspiring to see work so well done. -- Igor

Like to take the credit, but it is not my website. I just found it while
searching for dust collection ideas.

igor

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 18:27:29 -0500, "Ray" wrote:

"igor" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:39:13 -0500, "Ray" wrote:

http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/jetfix.html

I don't have that problem with my DW TS but I've admired your work at your
website (and the website) so I checked out your page on this. Well, I've
seen tech bulletins from major companies with much less attention to
detail. It's inspiring to see work so well done. -- Igor

Like to take the credit, but it is not my website. I just found it while
searching for dust collection ideas.

A simple "you're welcome" would have sufficed. (insert smilie here). Now
that I review your original post, I see my sitake. Anyway, Kudos to the
actual author. -- Igor