minnehaha

Default How to fix squeaky wood?

Whenever I open or close the drawers in my dresser, it gives off this
horrible squeak. Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that can be
used to prevent this?

Thanks in advance!

Duane Bozarth

minnehaha wrote:

Whenever I open or close the drawers in my dresser, it gives off this
horrible squeak. Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that can be
used to prevent this?

Find where they're rubbing (should be fairly obvious sign like a slight
wear or scratch or finish dust or ...) and use a coat of paste wax.

Depending on the spot and why, you may be able to relieve the binding
but any specific suggestion would rely on knowing at least some
details...
Lola

Duane Bozarth wrote:
minnehaha wrote:

Whenever I open or close the drawers in my dresser, it gives off

this
horrible squeak. Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that

can be
used to prevent this?

Find where they're rubbing (should be fairly obvious sign like a

slight
wear or scratch or finish dust or ...) and use a coat of paste wax.

Wow...funny - I was going to post the same question today.
This can be quite a problem with any 'cargo' furniture.
I am going to try the wax.
Thanks-

Duane Bozarth

Lola wrote:
... with any 'cargo' furniture.

OK, I'll bite...what's "cargo" furniture?

JGS

Hi HAHA,
IF it is wood on wood, I would suggest the following. I just used it on a
dresser and it works well. Now to see how long it lasts. Cheers, JG

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,11 0,43466

minnehaha wrote:

Whenever I open or close the drawers in my dresser, it gives off this
horrible squeak. Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that can be
used to prevent this?

Thanks in advance!

Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
"minnehaha" wrote:

Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that can be
used to prevent this?

K-Y

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long
Phisherman

Wax or paraffin, a candle will do.
ted harris

In news:minnehaha typed:
Whenever I open or close the drawers in my dresser, it gives off this
horrible squeak. Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that can be
used to prevent this?

Thanks in advance!

Ivory bar soap (white)...
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

minnehaha

"minnehaha" wrote in message
Whenever I open or close the drawers in my dresser, it gives off this
horrible squeak. Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that can be
used to prevent this?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you all for the advice. Yes it is wood-on-wood. I also was wondering
how long it would take someone to suggest K-Y.

I haven't had time to fix it yet but I'll try some of the easy stuff first
(soap or candle wax) since I have that at home.

Thanks again!
Dave

John

minnehaha wrote:
"minnehaha" wrote in message

Whenever I open or close the drawers in my dresser, it gives off this
horrible squeak. Is there some kind or lubricant or solution that can be
used to prevent this?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you all for the advice. Yes it is wood-on-wood. I also was wondering
how long it would take someone to suggest K-Y.

I haven't had time to fix it yet but I'll try some of the easy stuff first
(soap or candle wax) since I have that at home.

Thanks again!
Dave

Try Baby Powder,
John

FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 015 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 July 22nd 04 06:51 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 007 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 April 14th 04 07:47 PM
### Micro-FAQ on wood # 006 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 April 1st 04 05:23 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 001 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 3 January 5th 04 06:14 PM