Robatoy

Default Foreheadslapper#2

ABPW. a sanding block from a sanding belt. Saw that done once, and I
have been using them that way ever since.

It's handy, but it won't revolutionize the industry. I'm sure, again,
that there will be other versions of this in circulation already.

Rob---who doesn't sweat the petty things, and doesn't pet the sweaty
things.

0¿0
Silvan

Robatoy wrote:

Rob---who doesn't sweat the petty things, and doesn't pet the sweaty
things.

But Rob, if it's sweaty, that means you're pettin' it right. O_o

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Morris Dovey

Robatoy...

After reading all the jokes about using the drill guide from HCA
as a glue spreader (and after looking at the plastic spreaders in
the LV catalog) I finally took a couple of the junk mail ersatz
credit cards (these happened to come from Discover and were just
a tad thinner than real credit cards) to the shop to try out.

I'd always used either a brush or a thin piece of wood to spread
glue; but the plastic cards work much better than either. Not
only do they spread the glue quickly and evenly; but next day the
glue popped right off when I flexed the card and pushed the dried
glue (Titebond) with a thumbnail.

Anyone ever put a wooden handle on a credit card? (-:

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Morris Dovey

ToolMiser wrote:
I've never put a wooden handle on a credit card, I usually can
afford cash!

I know another smart reply, but that is the way it hit me.

Now I know why some woodworkers speak of using a crowbar to open
their wallet - I hope you're not using your folding money to
spread Gorilla glue! (:

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/collectors.html
Robatoy

In article ,
Morris Dovey wrote:

Anyone ever put a wooden handle on a credit card? (-:

Smatter of fact, I have but I serrated the edge first. I have also put a
narrow slit, lengthwise in a dowel and inserted a section of hacksaw
blade. Also works just like a mini notched trowel.
I have used HPL strips as spreaders as well. But the hacksaw blade as
trowel works best for me.
Of course, my MiniCol from Lamello is always in use.

Richard Cline

About thirty years ago I bought a box of 1000 popsickle sticks. I have
used them for everything imaginable. They are good glue spreaders.
Best of all, they are disposable so I don't worry about cleaning them.
There is still half a box remaining so I will probably never use the
entire box.

Dick