Glen Duff

Default tongue and groove cabinet doors

I intend to make two cabinet doors (15 by 30 inches), with tongue and
groove beaded panels set in a rail and stile frame. Can I just treat
them like a regular raised panel door, making a tongue around the panel
which will fit into the rabbet in the door, or is there any special
technique I need to use?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Glen Duff

Duane Bozarth

Glen Duff wrote:

I intend to make two cabinet doors (15 by 30 inches), with tongue and
groove beaded panels set in a rail and stile frame. Can I just treat
them like a regular raised panel door, making a tongue around the panel
which will fit into the rabbet in the door, or is there any special
technique I need to use?

Should work fine...what wood specie? Will depend on how much "slop" you
should leave to account for expansion...