Doug

Default new porter cable dovetail machine

Has anyone seen or used the new porter cable dovetail machine models
4212 or 4210 (the sell for around $150 or $120 respectively)? Any
reviews out there?

D. J. Dorn

I've only seen one and kicked the tires a little. It's a heavy duty machine
and I think PC is putting all their eggs in this basket. I don't know how
they plan to sell any more 4112s at almost the same money and conversely, I
don't know how many Omnijigs they are going to sell at considereably more
money when this one is of the same quality. This new one also allows for
sliding dovetails in the standard template and most measurement instructions
are on the template itself preventing you from having to find the manual all
the time. It's a winner and if I didn't already have a 4112, I'd buy one.

Don

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone seen or used the new porter cable dovetail machine models
4212 or 4210 (the sell for around $150 or $120 respectively)? Any
reviews out there?

Leon

The Omnijig should still have a good market share as it's capacity is
larger. While often you never need that capacity the extra width is
especially helpful when you want to de symmetrical DT's that are not evenly
spaced. You can set up both ends as mirror image spacing so that you can
use both ends of the jig.

"D. J. Dorn" wrote in message
I've only seen one and kicked the tires a little. It's a heavy duty
machine and I think PC is putting all their eggs in this basket. I don't
know how they plan to sell any more 4112s at almost the same money and
conversely, I don't know how many Omnijigs they are going to sell at
considereably more money when this one is of the same quality. This new
one also allows for sliding dovetails in the standard template and most
measurement instructions are on the template itself preventing you from
having to find the manual all the time. It's a winner and if I didn't
already have a 4112, I'd buy one.

Don

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone seen or used the new porter cable dovetail machine models
4212 or 4210 (the sell for around $150 or $120 respectively)? Any
reviews out there?

Leon

"D. J. Dorn" wrote in message
I would agree but the new PC jig also comes in 18".

I missed that...

That 6" differnece is what it would take for the Omnijig to survive.

Perhaps so.

I may be wrong but I think the template for through DTs on the new jig is
adjustable.

I think so also.