Joe Blow

Default Melamine Table Blanks?

Hi,
I am looking for a 28" x 36" or so outfeed melamine table blank. Any
idea where I could order one? I am going to use it as my table saw
outfeed table with my incra TS. I already have the hardware kit from
woodpecker, but they don't sell the table blanks.

I already check rockler and woodpecker.

Help would be appreciated.
Joe
Clint

Let me get this straight. You've obviously got a table saw (since you're
buildin an outfeed table for it). You need a melamine piece cut to 28"x36".
My first thought is to head down to Home Despot, buy a sheet of melamine,
and cut it to the right size. You'll probably spend less on the full sheet
than you would on some pre-cut blank that needs to get shipped to you.

Maybe I'm just not seeing what the problem is?

Clint

"Joe Blow" wrote in message
Hi,
I am looking for a 28" x 36" or so outfeed melamine table blank. Any
idea where I could order one? I am going to use it as my table saw
outfeed table with my incra TS. I already have the hardware kit from
woodpecker, but they don't sell the table blanks.

I already check rockler and woodpecker.

Help would be appreciated.
Joe

Joe Blow

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:30:49 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

Maybe I'm just not seeing what the problem is?

My time is more valuable elsewhere. What is your problem? Hmm?

John

Buy the melamine from the Borg, then build a frame and legs to support
it at the right height. Cut to whatever size you want. If you need
grooves for miter bars to be able to move into that area, use a router
to route out the grooves

John

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:06:15 -0500, Joe Blow
wrote:

Hi,
I am looking for a 28" x 36" or so outfeed melamine table blank. Any
idea where I could order one? I am going to use it as my table saw
outfeed table with my incra TS. I already have the hardware kit from
woodpecker, but they don't sell the table blanks.

I already check rockler and woodpecker.

Help would be appreciated.
Joe

Clint

I don't have a problem. I was just giving you a suggestion about where you
could get your table top. Woodpecker and Rockler probably don't sell the
table tops because it's too expensive to ship a $5.00 piece of wood, and
they figure most people who need a table saw outfeed table would probably
rather make their own given the cost.

Perhaps you can contact a local cabinet maker to get them to cut a table top
for you? Then you can pay them extra $$$ so you don't have to take the
extra 15 minutes it takes to cut a piece of melamine down to size. Of
course, you'll have to go drive to pick it up. Oh, but you have more money
than time, so maybe you can just pay them to drop it off to your shop...

Clint

"Joe Blow" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:30:49 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

Maybe I'm just not seeing what the problem is?

My time is more valuable elsewhere. What is your problem? Hmm?

patrick conroy

"Joe Blow" wrote in message

My time is more valuable elsewhere. What is your problem? Hmm?

I'll confess I had the same thought. Not sure why you'd think ordering one
is less time consuming that asking your local BORG to cut one down to size
for you... Unless, there's no BORG nearby or you're looking for one with
the mitre slots already cut in, with the mounting hardware already drilled,
etc.

What about asking a cabinet shop to order you a counter top just that size?
Wouldn't that be the same thing?

Steve

"Joe Blow" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:30:49 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

Maybe I'm just not seeing what the problem is?

My time is more valuable elsewhere. What is your problem? Hmm?

Ain't none 'tall... we like that bright white shiny stuff (in sombody else's
place) so we'll do it to it for you since your time is worthless -- err... I
meant invaluable.

Your Price:

Six-hundred-seventy-five-dollars-&ninety-five-cents -- (plus Shipping &
Handling of $17.88 per installment of nine installments) completes payment.

Item will ship sometime within seven months of your final payment clearing
our bank; God Willing & The Creek Don't Rise -- but migosh the Salt River
has WATER in it right now!@!@!!.

It'll even be cut to your spec size (if your sumbit a scale plan drawing
with the installment panment of Three Hundred (non-refundable) Dollars).

Inquire to sns @-you-figure-the-spam-block-part-out apachetrail.com

--
Enjoy life and *do* well by it
-- it might well be the only chance you get :-)

Steve,
http://www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/

loutent

Hi Joe

It's sacrilegious to ask where you can buy
a certain piece of something (stop smirking)
in a woodworking group.

We pride ourselves in making big pieces of
something of an approximate but
unknown size into smaller pieces of a
somewhat known size.

That's woodworking!

Lou

In article , Joe Blow
wrote:

Hi,
I am looking for a 28" x 36" or so outfeed melamine table blank. Any
idea where I could order one? I am going to use it as my table saw
outfeed table with my incra TS. I already have the hardware kit from
woodpecker, but they don't sell the table blanks.

I already check rockler and woodpecker.

Help would be appreciated.
Joe

Clint

Actually, I know what the OP's problem is. According to the rules of the
wreck, for every new project, there must be a tool purchase. And for
creating a table-top out of melamine, if the OP already has a table saw,
there's really no tool that's can be justified. So how can he undertake the
project? Perhaps the justification of a WWII blade or something would
appease the WW gods? Or a edge-bander to finish the edges? Surely there
must be some tool required for this task? JOAT, I leave this in your
capable hands to determine what the appropriate sacrifice/purchase would be.

Clint (who's now feeling a little bad for starting a thread-slam)

"J T" wrote in message
Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 11:18pm (EST+5) (Clint) says:
I don't have a problem. snip

I agree.

Perhaps you can contact a local cabinet maker to get them to cut a table
top for you? snip

I wouldn't have told him. He should have been capable of figuring
that out on his own - unless his time is too valuable to think?

JOAT
EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED.
- Death

Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe Blow" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:30:49 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

Maybe I'm just not seeing what the problem is?

My time is more valuable elsewhere. What is your problem? Hmm?

Your time is to valuable to cut a piece of wood on the saw so you can cut a
piece of wood on the saw. OK I understand.

I have a piece of it in my garage. I can cut it to size and ship it via
UPS. Is white OK? $90 plus actual shipping costs.

Robatoy

In article ,
Joe Blow wrote:

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:30:49 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

Maybe I'm just not seeing what the problem is?

My time is more valuable elsewhere. What is your problem? Hmm?

That's just dripping with condescension.

But, being the guy I am, do you mind, sir, waiting till I gather all the
pertinent data from my resources? Would you be so kind and give me a
rough idea of your geographical location so I can serve you better?
After all, MY time is worth ****-all.

*Gasp*...I have said too much!