DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   a morning funny (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/83460-morning-funny.html)

Joe C. December 28th 04 01:46 PM

a morning funny

So I'm trying to free up some memory in my ancient computer, and I figure
there's some help online *somewhere*. Not wanting to do the logical thing
(google, etc...), I type in http://www.microsofthelp.com figuring, hey,
that's logical enough. Let's just say I don't think Billy Gates sponsors
this particular site..... 8-)

Be well, work wood,

Joe

Upscale December 28th 04 02:31 PM

"Joe C." wrote in message news:PsdAd.7166
(google, etc...), I type in http://www.microsofthelp.com figuring, hey,
that's logical enough. Let's just say I don't think Billy Gates sponsors
this particular site..... 8-)

Ha! It may not be there for long if Microsoft ever hears of it. I remember
reading a little while ago about Microsoft going after some guy named Mike
Rowe for operating www.mikerowesoft.com.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/01...ten_mike_rowe/

Glenna Rose December 31st 04 06:48 AM

Hmmm. I thought I heard the MS lost that one, that the judge threw it
out. Whatever, I just went to www.mikerowesoft.com and it is active
(first time going there so it didn't load from cache).

For sure, if I were MS, I would not have brought before the public that I
thought people interested in my product/company were so ignorant that
they'd get the two names mixed up!

Mike Rowe is a software developer so his website name is valid, regardless
of what our neighbor to the north would like to admit/acknowledge.

Some folks have entirely too much time on their hands or have too many
attorneys on retainer, or both.g

Glenna