Capt. Hook

Default Jet JTS-10 table saw - height adjustment lock

A couple of years ago I got a great deal on a used jts-10 table saw, but it
didn't come with the owners manual.

It's been a great saw (once I added a better fence) but the height lock
mechanism doesn't work, and without the manual I can't figure out if there's
a missing piece or it's assembled wrong. Up to this point I've managed to
cope with it, but I'm now working on a project where I need accurate depth
of cut.

I've searched the internet but haven't found any online manuals. The way
that it's set up is the wheel handle locks agains a 1"washer which tightens
against the part of the shaft that gets thicker, so it's not doing anything
other then locking the handle to the shaft.

The angle guage comes next. It's a cylindar over the shaft that is not
attached to anything so it moves freely. It almost looks like the washer
should be inside this cylinder so that the handle locks against the
cylinder, which would then lock against the washer. But, I don't see how
that would lock the height adjustment.

Does anyone know where I can find an online manual, or can describe how this
assembly should be.

Thanks,
Glen

Jim Behning

Have you tried www.google.com I tired using keywords of test jwts10
and got a bunch of hits including this.
http://www.woodworkingtools.com/Manuals/jet/JWCS10A.pdf

"Capt. Hook" wrote:

[...]

Sam Brooks

Capt. Hook wrote:
[...]

See if the following link does you any good.
http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/partfiles/man_708301k.pdf
I had to download the manual to my local computer then open it directly
because the PDF file is 8+ MB and it runs really slow otherwise. There
is a exploded diagram at the back of the manual.

Capt. Hook

Thanks. It appears to be a little different then the one model I have, but
close enough. The cylinder that the angle pointer is attached on my jts is
much longer then in the illustration. At the end furthest from the handle
there's an allen screw that was missing. I didn't see it before because it
was inside the cabinet and filled with sawdust. That explains why the
pointer was loose. Everything else looks ok, so It may be that I just need
to tighten the lock nut harder but I'll have a close look after I replace
the screw and reassemble it.