Louis A Monaco

Default Hiking Staffs

I collect oak wood sticks and carve them in my work shop/ They are
religious in nature where i engrave a cross and a serpent/comes in many
pretty colors with a feather and lace with a tag and a mesage/see web
site on second page=http://community.webtv.net/malachi456

Louis A Monaco 14560ne215st FtMcCoy Fl 32134=352-546-5349
http://community.webtv.net/malachi456

George

It insults you that someone else is different?

Or is it you just like to insult?

"J T" wrote in message
If you'd posted a link to a picture, I might have had a different
view, but too much crap to wade thru to spend my time looking. Seems a
bit insulting to those of use here who aren't Christian too (I'm
spiritual myself).

You want to talk wood, fine; you want to talk religion, not so
fine.

J. Clarke

tillius wrote:

J T wrote:
Wed, Dec 22, 2004, 10:16pm (Louis A Monaco)
claims:
I collect oak wood sticks and carve them in my work shop/ They are
religious in nature where i engrave a cross and a serpent/comes in

many
pretty colors with a feather and lace with a tag and a mesage snip

Well, you lost me on about every aspect except the oak. Serious
issues I, and the Woodworking Gods, have, would be:
Religious, serpent, "pretty colors", feather, lace, tag, message.

If you'd posted a link to a picture, I might have had a

different
view, but too much crap to wade thru to spend my time looking. Seems

bit insulting to those of use here who aren't Christian too (I'm
spiritual myself).

You want to talk wood, fine; you want to talk religion, not so
fine.

JOAT
Sanity is vastly over-rated.

It appeared to be about his woodworking. The rest was in the
description. I suppose you shouldn't describe anything you build as
mission style, or shaker, etc....

Anyway, my $0.02

I agree with JOAT that a link to a clear picture of the staff would have
been nice--he has one very tiny picture of it that doesn't let you get a
real idea of its appearance other than that there appears to be a cross on
it in the midst of vast quantities of stuff that have nothing to do with
woodworking.

Kind of a shame too--he blew a sale--I have a friend who is into walking
sticks and very seriously Christian who I might have given one for
Christmas if I'd been able to tell enough about it from the Web site to
decide whether it was worth bothering with.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Mark Jerde

J. Clarke wrote:

Kind of a shame too--he blew a sale

In a company I used to work for the OP would have been right at home in our
Sales Prevention Department.

-- Mark

J T

Thu, Dec 23, 2004, 9:34am george@least (George) wonders:
It insults you that someone else is different?
Or is it you just like to insult?

If it insulted me that someone is different, I wouldn't be here,
that's for damn sure.

One thing that does insult me is when someone tries to palm off
their religioun on me, in the vastly mistaken belief it would "improve"
me, or something - which I definitely feel was the case here - then, in
turn, I tend to express my feelings about it. I happen to be "very"
satisfied with my spirituality; I do NOT appreciate ANYONE trying to
convert me their religious beliefs - and in returen, I do not try to
convert others to my beliefs.

As for his staffs, I have no idea in the world how good, or bad,
they might be, because, as I said, I wasn't about to wade thru all that
"irrelevent material" to check.
I was thinking of adding some more, but youre probably just yanking
my chain, so there's no point in it.

JOAT
WYGIWYGAINGW:
What You Get Is What You're Given And It's No Good Whining.

Mark Jerde

J T wrote:

in returen, I do not try to convert others to my beliefs.

Boy, the WW gods are gonna get on you for that. eg

-- Mark

tillius

Sorry, I actually thought your comments about irrevelent words referred
to his original post. I see what you mean about the link to the website
- would've been more effective if he actually pointed to a clear
picture of the example of his woodwork.

Nothing wrong in my opinion with the content of his original post, he
just didn't direct to a clear pic of his woodwork, and I agree with you
there.

Merry Christmas (and that's not intended to convert you, it's just my
beliefs and I'd be pretty phoney if I wished you whatever you believed
in when I don't, so no appologies for that).

Silvan

J T wrote:

wished me a Happy Groundhog Day. I'll even accept Happy Holidays from
anyone who's worried about being politically correct. May the Force be
with you. LOL

Happy Post-Solstice Non-Specific Everything's Closed Today Day

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:35:31 -0500, Silvan
calmly ranted:

J T wrote:

wished me a Happy Groundhog Day. I'll even accept Happy Holidays from
anyone who's worried about being politically correct. May the Force be
with you. LOL

Happy Post-Solstice Non-Specific Everything's Closed Today Day

What follows is what, perhaps, happens when lawyers write
greeting cards...

From me, ("the wishor")
To you ("hereinafter called the wishee")
and those you care about ("hereinafter called the washees")

Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes
for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically
correct, low stress, non- addictive, gender neutral, celebration of
the
winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable
traditions
of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of
your
choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or
traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or
secular traditions at all; and a financially successful, personally
fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the
generally accepted calendar year 2005, but with due respect for the
calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to
the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of
computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee. By accepting
this
greeting you are bound by these terms that

* This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.
* This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration
shall
be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of
the
wishor are acknowledged.
* This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement
any of the wishes.
* This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or
the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in
certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the
wishor.
* This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected
within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year
or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever
comes
first.
* The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement
of
this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the
wishor.
* Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas",
"Our Savior", or any other festive figures, whether actual or
fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from
them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any
referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.
* This greeting may have been offered at a lower price by the wishor
within the last 30 days. This greeting does not affect your statutory
rights.

* Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy
* --Noah * http://www.diversify.com