sandman

Default Bisquit joiner revisited.

That was a LOT of input. Thank you so much.

I made some trips to tool stores.
Poked, prodded, fondled, felt, rubbed and smelled a lot of
bisquit joiners;

I see what those in support of the PC fence mean, it really isn't all
that complicated. I had a chance to spend a little time with it and it
seems just fine. I made the 'complicated'observation from a distance,
'cuz it 'looks' a bit 'different'.
The stuff a guy can learn around here. (including a BC-hair's worth of
humility..*G*)
Having said all that... none of the ones I played with have the feel of
the Lamello. Plain and simple. The Lamello feels like machinery, the
rest of them feel like tools.

I (mentally) buy two packs of cigarettes every day and then bring them
back for the cash and throw that money into a imaginary bank account.
I have been doing that since Oct 26 2002...adds up. I guess I will have
to NOT smoke for a while longer before I buy the Lamello....not sure
which model...probably the Classic.

....and HOW-the-hell that vertical motor Ryobi cookie cutter made it to
market, I will never know. Surely the rest of their tools aren't that
bad, are they? There was more than a 'fairy fart' of play in that
sucker..

Again, thank you gents.

Rob

PS... on a quest for a handy, portable saw, I stumbled upon the Ridgid
TS 2400. Looked right, 3 year warranty, 90 days to try...I took one home.
I'll keep the NG posted when I write down some of my observations.

It is NOT my SCM 12" sliding table scoring saw...(which I sold along
with the milwork business)
Rumpty

Having said all that... none of the ones I played with have the feel of
the Lamello. Plain and simple. The Lamello feels like machinery, the
rest of them feel like tools.

Trust me you WANT the Lamello....and you want to use Lamello Biscuits, even
IF they now cost $40 a box.

--

Rumpty

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:03:43 -0500, sandman wrote:
That was a LOT of input. Thank you so much.

I made some trips to tool stores.
Poked, prodded, fondled, felt, rubbed and smelled a lot of
bisquit joiners;

I see what those in support of the PC fence mean, it really isn't all
that complicated. I had a chance to spend a little time with it and it
seems just fine. I made the 'complicated'observation from a distance,
'cuz it 'looks' a bit 'different'.

Didn't PC change their fence in response to user issues?

Yes, I want the Lemello. I bought the PC.

Charlie Self

Charles Krug responds:

Didn't PC change their fence in response to user issues?

Yes, I want the Lemello. I bought the PC.

No. Law suit issues. According to Dewalt, the basics of the design were the
same as those in their biscuit joiner. The courts agreed. PC changed theirs.

Charlie Self
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Leon

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Charles Krug responds:

Didn't PC change their fence in response to user issues?

Yes, I want the Lemello. I bought the PC.

No. Law suit issues. According to Dewalt, the basics of the design were
the
same as those in their biscuit joiner. The courts agreed. PC changed
theirs.

And then changed them again. Type III, IIRC.