buck

Default Paste Wax Finish Question

Is there anything wrong with applying a paste wax over a clear acrylic
sealer spray (gloss). The existing gloss is closer to a satin look. Just
don't know how acrylic spray and paste wax co-exist.
-TIA

Steve

"buck" wrote in message
ervers.com...
Is there anything wrong with applying a paste wax over a clear acrylic
sealer spray (gloss). The existing gloss is closer to a satin look. Just
don't know how acrylic spray and paste wax co-exist.
-TIA

IF there is, I have yet to see it (after many years).

I have a natural affinity for paste wax -- it just smells go-o-o-od on wood.
Paste Wax feels good on wood.
Somehow, paste wax is comforting. Maybe like a Vanilla candle.

OK, so I'm weird... but I' m not alone :-)

--
Enjoy life and *do* well by it
-- it might well be the only chance you get :-)

Steve,
http://www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/

buck

Thanks for reply Steve..... Will check out some good brands. Also, I like
your Apache Trail web page.... Very nice layout and a real nice
Workshop/Tools. The kids aren't too bad either.

"Steve" wrote in message

"buck" wrote in message
ervers.com...
Is there anything wrong with applying a paste wax over a clear acrylic
sealer spray (gloss). The existing gloss is closer to a satin look.

Just
don't know how acrylic spray and paste wax co-exist.
-TIA

IF there is, I have yet to see it (after many years).

I have a natural affinity for paste wax -- it just smells go-o-o-od on

wood.
Paste Wax feels good on wood.
Somehow, paste wax is comforting. Maybe like a Vanilla candle.

OK, so I'm weird... but I' m not alone :-)

--
Enjoy life and *do* well by it
-- it might well be the only chance you get :-)

Steve,
http://www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/

RonB

Not unless there is a chemical squabble between the two (doubtful but always
better to experiment on the side). I use paste as a topper over several
finishes. Not only does it add a nice satin sheen, it provides a little
more surface durability. Most of my experience so far has been with MinWax
paste but I plan to try others in the future.

Phisherman

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:09:42 -0700, "buck"
wrote:

Is there anything wrong with applying a paste wax over a clear acrylic
sealer spray (gloss). The existing gloss is closer to a satin look. Just
don't know how acrylic spray and paste wax co-exist.
-TIA

The tried and true way of knowing is to test a scrap piece. I apply
wax (Johnson's Paste Wax) to many of my projects, but I usually wait a
month or two for the finish (paint, poly, oil, shellac, etc) to fully
cure and harden.

Silvan

Steve wrote:

I have a natural affinity for paste wax -- it just smells go-o-o-od on
wood. Paste Wax feels good on wood.
Somehow, paste wax is comforting. Maybe like a Vanilla candle.

OK, so I'm weird... but I' m not alone :-)

No you're not, bruddah, no you're not.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/